Home

Smartest Muskrat Ever?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 09/01/14 08:37 PM

I was trying to rid this absolutely beautiful island on one of our many inland lakes of muskrats that were eating everything the

couple planted. So I'm walking the shoreline in my hip boots looking for likely places to catch them, when I spot this feedbed

tucked back in this unlikely looking hole. So as I'm laying my traps on the shore, I'm wondering; "Why has the muskrat picked this

unlikely looking spot for a feedbed?" Well, my answer came very quickly. I had set my traps on one of two ground wasp holes and I

promptly got stung in the back, shoulder, and right ear lobe, before I knew what was happening. That muskrat set me up!
Posted By: Budfish

Re: Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 09/02/14 09:17 PM

It's a trap!
Ok, here's what you do:
Tell your son that there is a muskrat that is so smart that you have just about given up on it. Bet him that he can't catch it, and when he takes the bait, have him bring back your trap (the one by the wasps) for you. Have some Benadryl and an ice pack waiting when he gets back. crazy

Re: Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 09/02/14 10:45 PM

Bud Guidry knows fishing and ground wasps! ( So now that the sting is gone, I'm itching )

Re: Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 09/13/14 10:05 PM

I've found the secret! Just announce on T-Man that you can't do this, or you haven't done that, and it will happen. I've got a

muskrat job where I don't see any sign of muskrats. So I set one of those smaller Comstocks and bait it with apples. My chances of

catching a muskrat are about as good as getting a kiss from Michelle Obama. So guess what? I'm waiting for that kiss!
Posted By: Budfish

Re: Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 09/16/14 01:04 AM

Good luck with that!
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Smartest Muskrat Ever? - 10/09/14 12:21 AM

Fooled by a muskrat!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums