Home

Ear wigs???

Posted By: Vinke

Ear wigs??? - 08/17/14 06:56 AM

That is what we have always called them????
(little long beetle type thing with pincher at the end,,,,,,they like moist area)
I need to kill them in my home,,,, PM"S appreciated........
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/17/14 11:59 AM

Lots of sprays on the market. But the just keep coming back. Have not found anything that last.
Posted By: Lundy

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/17/14 08:49 PM

What do you have around your foundation? They eat decaying vegetative matter and they like moisture. Mulch will draw them. Decorative rock with weed block material under it is better but concrete is the best. With the rock you can use a leaf blower to remove dead leaves. That keeps the food supply down. Treat from the bottom of your siding down to the ground then go out three to five feet. This will control spiders, centipedes, millipedes, sowbugs/pillbugs, earwigs and many other crawling insects. Where you have asphalt or concrete you shouldn't spray more than a pin stream along the edge.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/17/14 10:34 PM

I have been spraying up the foundation and out 2 feet with suspend poygaurd,,,,,does not seem to control earwigs..
Posted By: trapper les

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/18/14 03:01 AM

I think I would lace the foundation,and wood under the house with lime,which will dry things up.
Posted By: Lundy

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/18/14 03:08 AM

How about penetrations thru the concrete floor? Do you have drain tile? Do you have a bathroom with a hole cut in the floor for the trap? Do you have well water? These are areas that would be looked at for Termites, but I have had Mice enter from any of these. Without seeing the house I can only offer ideas. Hope this helps.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/24/14 12:32 AM

How do you keep them outa a phone/landline?

Yep, when I lived in Idaho, I'd have to unscrew the ear and mouth covers and dump out earwigs before use!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/24/14 02:40 PM

Yeah, I have to dump them out of my respirator all the time. ( Oh, wait a minute. Those are nose wigs )
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Ear wigs??? - 08/30/14 04:25 PM

Ya get to a certain age, the hair on your ears grows just fine, thank you. No need for ear wigs. I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of 'em.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums