Home

Weasels?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Weasels? - 08/01/14 11:26 PM

Since I grew up in an agricultural area, I was told from young on, that I would rarely see a weasel, as these were deep woods

animals and didn't care much for country living. Well they seem to have adapted to the suburbs just fine and seem to prefer the

more upscale homes to raise their young in. I just released one in my backyard to hopefully take care of the vermin. I'm guessing

that this is about the tenth year in a row that we've removed at least one family of weasels from a home. Any of you having similar

experiences?
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: Weasels? - 08/02/14 01:33 AM

I live and work in the black desert of IA we have weasels in the heavy ag world. I have only done one job with weasels in the hen house though
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Weasels? - 08/02/14 11:09 AM

I don't think your weasel is going to stay Paul. They tend to move around a little. unless you have chickens!!!!!! Most likely try to get home. I don't know how far they will travel before setting up on a new home area, but they will move like coon and skunks. Had a weasel once running around a flower shop for a few days. By the way in NJ the weasel is always found in the farming and housing sections
Posted By: Cooner22

Re: Weasels? - 08/05/14 01:54 AM

I've never seen a weasel or sign of a weasel, it's kinda odd. I do have a couple locations in mind though to look for tracks this winter.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums