Home

You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But.....

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 08:58 PM

Since I do write a column in the World's Largest Magazine devoted almost entirely to ADC people, I just have to ask: In which

quarter are you the busiest? June, July, August, or September, October, November, or December, January, and February, or March,

April, or May? And if you don't like the way I've divided the quarters, please tell me when you are the busiest and what part of

the world ( Yeah, I know, it used to be the USA ) you are located in. I really enjoy hearing from other countries. ( Who'd

have ever thought that the day would come when we would be able to hit a stupid keyboard and talk to people in our same line of

work, on the other side of our world? ) I'll tell you again; This Is A Fun Job!
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 09:16 PM

I'm in southern Ohio and I'm the busiest may, june and july, but that definitely isn't written in stone.

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 09:28 PM

Thanks wormbobskey; I have cousins in Ohio and as I remember, you're about one month ahead temperature wise.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 09:56 PM

May, June, and July for me also. Illinois.

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 10:57 PM

Thanks Jim. I have to admit that it will take a heck of an August to beat July this year.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/01/14 11:12 PM

Young ground hogs are getting out on their own and digging up the county. Young coon are still with momma for a few more months. Which means momma coon is eating any and everything they can find. Lots of calls of coon in the bird feeders. Was getting a few snake calls a week in the first part of june, but haven't had any at all in july.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 12:54 AM

May, June and July in Mid-Michigan. Doing mainly mole, to many do it yourselfer in my area. Getting to be a lot of, let it live type of people moving in out area.
Posted By: sgs

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 01:23 AM

My busiest quarter would be June, July, August but there are other busy periods, just of shorter duration.

March is skunk breeding time up here and produces a good amount of work.

In late October and November the beavers get in a frenzy to raise the level of their ponds and cut as many food trees as possible before the freeze up. That's actually my favorite work.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 01:26 AM

May, June, July and October for me...Northern Ilinois
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 03:57 AM

It kinda depends on when winter gives up honestly. Sometimes March, April and May then slows down till last week of July/First week of August through mid October. And sometimes it doesn't start until a week or two into April and its a blur until October.
Posted By: Big Bear Wildlif

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 10:13 AM

May, June and July as well for me. But this year it doesn't seem to slow much. Must have been that crazy winter.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 12:30 PM

June July August for me and that's pretty
Much the only season here lol

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/02/14 08:56 PM

Thanks guys! Great response from the northern tier of the country. I would like to hear from, let's say, Georgia, Florida, Texas,

Louisiana, and California. ( Does anyone else get the feeling that these guys might be busy all year long? ) Don't worry guys, anyone

who is dumb enough to live in the snow belt, is dumb enough to die there. If we didn't like it, we would move. You guys don't have

any idea of what fun is. We've got a basically, Chicago President, who has one of the tightest gun control policies of any city in

the USA. I guess this would define his term in office: "The easiest place to get shot in the country"!
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/03/14 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: sgs
My busiest quarter would be June, July, August but there are other busy periods, just of shorter duration.
March is skunk breeding time up here and produces a good amount of work.
In late October and November the beavers get in a frenzy to raise the level of their ponds and cut as many food trees as possible before the freeze up. That's actually my favorite work.

All the same for me here in Maine
Posted By: wv mtnman

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/03/14 01:17 PM

Here in Wv,spring and up to early fall for the most part,may/June really kicks into high gear
Posted By: Vinke

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/03/14 04:20 PM

July August September and Nov
Posted By: Vinke

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/03/14 04:20 PM

dec jan and feb in (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)

(apparently the abbreviation for Arizona is not welcome on tman)
Posted By: North40R

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/04/14 02:51 AM

September through February down here. I know that's 2 of the time frames you asked about but they were pretty equal last year for me. September is about the time the hunters start running in and out and see all the coyote tracks and find where the beavers have the creeks dammed up and calls start rolling in. HOPEFULLY!

90% of the land here is owned by timber companies and leased to hunters so year round maintenance doesn't happen. And most are afraid to invest in anything for fear of losing leases.
Posted By: Dewey S

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/04/14 09:12 AM

June, July, August here in VA
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/10/14 03:54 PM

Third quarter of the year has always been our busiest time for many moons on average. Pa

Re: You Guys Don't Really Have Time For This, But..... - 08/10/14 08:39 PM

I agree wholeheartedly, Bob. Which is why I wait with great anticipation for the Fourth quarter. Grandma, has decided to take us to

Hawaii for a cruise of the islands over Thanksgiving ( That certainly seems like something to be thankful for ) You are all invited.

( No, you're going to have to pay yourself. Grandma ran out of money paying for the fifteen of us ) but look at the bright side, if

you've never been to Hawaii before and always wanted to go, if you get on our cruise, we will have an official meeting on board and

write the whole thing off as a business trip. ( Take that, Obama ) Oh yeah, I'm really glad I married Grandma! ( And so are the other

thirteen ) I will probably die broke, but isn't that the idea? ( This job is more fun than a man should be allowed to have )
© 2024 Trapperman Forums