Home

What do you think?

Posted By: coney catcher

What do you think? - 07/18/14 12:12 PM

Went to look at this job to give a quote for bird proofing. What do you guys all think?

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 12:17 PM

I just pressed wrong button,
The roof is 150mtrs long 20 mtrs wide,they want it all netting in to stop seagulls from nesting and roosting,looks like it could be a real headscratcher.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 12:50 PM

If there's a paid trip to England for this I may be available to help "consult". eek
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 02:01 PM

Coney,

Taller support poles to raise the net above all the operational hvav equip and need to walk areas for workers.

Would be best even if net is all same height to split the roof into sections for estimating and install. Don't know who your supplier
for netting is over there. Bird barrier and others here offer help in estimating equipment needs and best layout.

Looking at the edges and the "drop off" maybe ledge deterrents combined with canopy that is in a few feet from the edge, though I suppose you could have poles custom fabricated that mount on the edge of the roof.

I've found I can get custom poles far cheaper locally using welders and local metal than buying thru any suppliers.

Most basic canopy supports for example are $80+, whereas locally I made them for $20 and no shipping.

Don't know if that helps,

Justin
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 06:04 PM

Put some dummy birds out there to deterre the sea gulls. An eagle or a hawk.

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 06:21 PM

Somewhere i have a photo of 2 seagulls sat either side of a dummy hawk , they only work for about five minutes,i would probably need a about 30 of them to cover such a large area.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 06:29 PM

Justin,

You're messing with my chance for a trip to England giving away information like that, lol.

Coney,

Justin stole my consultation with his recommendations. Raise the netting above everything then drape it down on the sides, keep it level, and add ledge protection.

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 07:20 PM

Thanks for the comments,my plan was to put a ridge wire down the center raised up on poles, then net draped over and stretched over hand rails to a wire fixed on edge of building.
a lot of the masts and Ariels are going to be removed in the next few days, bird spikes are a waste of time in nesting areas as the gulls just use them as anchorage for nests.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 07:51 PM

Hows the Beer over there???

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 08:19 PM

Better than yours!!!! but i did get a taste for Ricards red and Moosehead the first time i went over the water to Canada.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: What do you think? - 07/18/14 09:38 PM

Eric,

Sorry my friend! smile

Coney, sounds like a good plan, on the ledge just to clarify I don't use spike, don't like it so t like the way it looks or lasts.

Do love flex track! But totally for all over net rather than dealing with two systems wherever possible!

Best,

Justin
© 2024 Trapperman Forums