Home

Sometimes I'm Too Good

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/15/14 10:20 PM

I've got a an apartment owner who would like me to give it a rest for a while. I think I blew it yesterday when I caught 5 raccoons

in only two traps. Granted, they were youngsters but I didn't help myself when I caught 3 adults today. We charge per animal and

I'm sure if anymore tenants complain, I will be right back there and at least he can't complain I didn't catch anything. ( 13

raccoons and the feral cat that he really wanted gone! )
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/15/14 10:53 PM

Yeah, but were the traps baited? grin
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/15/14 11:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKWch_MNY0

I have had the same thing happen, even when offering a “No charge for non-target animals released on site ” agreement. After 10-15 armadillos (target animal) some folks would request that traps be removed. Most of them would call back later.

After seeing a non-target animal in a trap, many folks would change their minds and want them all gone. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/16/14 12:23 AM

I did the same thing with squirrels. After the 12 or 13th squirrel they said it was enough. I've been asked back twice now. I think squirrels are my favorite rodent.
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/16/14 01:28 AM

I usually don't take peoples money until I'm done and in situations like this I tend to give a discount. Which is why I think it is a good idea to have peoplem pay as you go and after 20 years I think I am going to start doing that. It seems a less painful to people that way.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/16/14 10:04 PM

Very seldom that you get three guys in a row that nailed it, but I think Brooker, wormbobskey, and Ron Fry did it!
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/17/14 02:33 AM

i almost always ask for payment before i leave the residence of a job...i give them the option...most take it so they don't have to pay a big sum later
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Sometimes I'm Too Good - 07/17/14 04:03 AM

I give people the option to pay at the end of the job or mail payment. People in my area don't have a lot of money to throw around and I give discounts whenever it seems right. Sometimes it doesn't seem like a lot until they get the pad and pencil out. I just tell them I'm here for the duration and get a lot of repeat customers that way. Don't want to see anyone go without cause they couldn't afford to pay me or the electric.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums