Home

Price?

Posted By: beavertrapper77

Price? - 07/15/14 12:15 AM

How do you guys charge for trappin beaver and removing damns in drain ditches?...hourly?...per head?...per dam?...or combo of all 3?....or just a flat price per job?

Im just cirious cause the guy I hav been do work for for 3 years wants me to bill him now for each job....i hav always done it for free b4 cause I enjoy it and hav learned a ton by doin it.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Price? - 07/15/14 12:29 AM

Hello,

I charge by the beaver, by the hour (for my time), and a service call fee.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Price? - 07/15/14 02:28 AM

i charge a set up fee and a per beaver....usually much more than i would to trap groundhogs...beaver are hard work
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Price? - 07/15/14 04:58 AM

I charge 250 and 100 per beaver. If you get rid of their beaver they get their monies worth no matter what you charge. If ya didn't no matter how cheap you did it they didn't.
Posted By: Okiecntry

Re: Price? - 07/15/14 07:59 PM

When you charge per animal how do you document this to the customer - do they go off your count, have to show them, foot/tail, or vary by job?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Price? - 07/15/14 09:58 PM

I guess when you've been in this business long enough, your reputation for honesty precedes you. I have a number of customers who

will automatically take my word for any animal count and rightly so. Cheating on one animal could lose a ten year account. Not

something that anyone with a brain would do. ( Besides the fact that they still make mirrors ) Returning mistaken over-payments is

also another way to ensure yourself with customers, no matter how wealthy.
Posted By: beavertrapper77

Re: Price? - 07/16/14 01:04 AM

thanks for your thoughts guys... I appreciate it....

Paul I agree with you completely...most of the land that I've done jobs on the land owners are now goods friends and allow me out during the season which is beneficial to me and there beaver problem is kept in check...win win for all.

thanks again everyone
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Price? - 07/16/14 01:09 AM

Years ago I had a few customers who wanted to see the animal before it left the property. I would always agree but then ask how would they know I didn't bring them with me. They would agree that they couldn't know so I would recommend that they hire someone they could trust because there was no way of knowing. I would explain that I have access to all of their property if they think I need to make up an animal they shouldn't hire me. Now thats not an issue like Paul said you live and die on your reputation. People know two things I'm not going to cheat them no matter what it cost and they are not going to have an animal in their house when I'm done. Everything else open.
Not because I can't be trusted but I have been meaning to start emailing a picture of damages and catches just so I could get their e-mail addresses so I could figure out how to get in touch with them when I think of a reason they could give me some more money. They expect that but they know I won't make up an animal.
Posted By: wormbobskey

Re: Price? - 07/17/14 04:08 AM

Set up fee (depending on their location from me) and per animal fee.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Price? - 07/18/14 02:23 AM

never ever charge more to a high dollar client than you would for anybody....keep your prices the same for all no matter what you "think" that person is worth.....set your prices...you can adjust with discounts and referral rewards but your mainstay pricing should be the same for whoever contacts you
© 2024 Trapperman Forums