Home

best ground squirrel repellant??

Posted By: c walker

best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/07/14 10:53 PM

whats the best ground squirrel / chipmunk repellant . and do you guys charge extra for it . i have a customer that wants me to supply her with some. should i charge her extra or just what it cost me?
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/07/14 11:33 PM

Only way I know is to trap them. No repellent I know of. If there was, I could not apply it without a chemical license.

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 12:37 AM

they sell some a couple products at wildlife control supplies but i have never used any of it. just wondered if anybody else has.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 01:10 AM

save your money on repellents.
Posted By: MuskratJoe

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 01:29 AM

Lead pushed through a tube travelng at about 1200 fps does a great job of repelling them.

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 02:03 AM

i told her that repellents dont really work and are a waste of monet as far as i wss.conderned. but she wants to try it so i told her i would get her some. just thought i would see if anybody else ever had luck with any. i try to stay away from it myself. thanks for tje input
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: c walker
i told her i would get her some.

Let her buy it and her apply it. Otherwise (unless you have a pesticide applicators license) you will be in violation of state law.

Illinois wildlife permits allow NO use of poisons or chemicals. Not worth getting a fine.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Ron Scheller
Originally Posted By: c walker
i told her i would get her some.

Let her buy it and her apply it. Otherwise (unless you have a pesticide applicators license) you will be in violation of state law.

Illinois wildlife permits allow NO use of poisons or chemicals. Not worth getting a fine.

i agree 100% if you buy it and give to her you are violating the law

Re: best ground squirrel repellant?? - 07/08/14 03:20 AM

well she will just have go to the farm store and buy it herself. i didnt realize they considered that a chemical . i guess its like deer bait they can sell it in illinois you just cant use it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums