Home

Sweet bait for skunks

Posted By: coolstucco

Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 05:42 PM

I am not an ADC trapper, just a fur trapper who has a skunk problem. A property owner who lets me trap has a skunk in her barn and wants it gone. The problem is they have half wild barn cats in the barn also. Since the cats cannot really be gotten or kept out of the barn I am looking for a bait to put in the cage trap that is less desirable to the cats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brian
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 05:45 PM

Marsh mellows, has eye appeal and cats do not care for them....
Posted By: coolstucco

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 05:51 PM

Thanks RF, do you use any lure or just the marsh mellows. We use coon candy and moonshine with the marshmellows for coon, just wondering if it would help or hinder on skunks. Thanks again, Brian.
Posted By: Sharpbees

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 05:53 PM

I use drone brood comb from my hives. Skunks go crazy over it.
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 08:49 PM

Cheesies
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/10/14 09:10 PM

Buttered popcorn puffs is a killer skunk bait.

And.... skunks are far better mousers than any cat. I'd suggest getting rid of the cats and leaving the skunks! smile
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/11/14 12:08 AM

I just pretend that I am setting a cage for anything but skunks and presto! Skunks magically appear in every cage.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 06/28/14 11:02 PM

Blackies Fur King, Jamesons Peaches N Cream or cherry pie filling ANY Jelly/Jam with a different flavor Jello powder added.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 07/10/14 01:51 AM

Those stuffed oatmeal cookies that you pick up at the local convenience store 12 for $1.79. Possums like them too, unfortunately.
Posted By: vcunn001

Re: Sweet bait for skunks - 07/12/14 02:43 PM

Honey Bun
© 2024 Trapperman Forums