Home

If it keeps half the silicone off my pants...

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/13/14 09:32 PM

I normally hang my caulk gun from my back hammer loop and it coats the back of my left leg.

If this works it will be worth $2.83.

http://www.grainger.com/product/WHITE-LIGHTNING-Caulk-Gun-Holster-2PB82

I couldn't order it online so I talked to cust service and they found some in GA.

Matt
Posted By: Lundy

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/14/14 03:07 AM

I like White Lightning caulk, they have a replaceable tip cap, unlike most brands. Granted I knock off the tips quite often.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/14/14 02:19 PM

I am picturing a shoulder holster for those times you need your caulking gun really fast.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/14/14 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
I am picturing a shoulder holster for those times you need your caulking gun really fast.

May be illegal under NYS's Safe Act.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/14/14 04:30 PM

Interesting, but, whatcha gonna do when the holster fills up? At that price, are they intended to be a throw away? FWIW: have you tried just turning the plunger to relieve the preasure?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/14/14 11:45 PM

My plunger is octagon shaped so it doesn't turn. I'm thinking it's probably not a throw away, but I ordered a couple of them so they can be. It looks like cloth so I'd probably flip it inside out and scrape and pick at the stuff before I threw it out. I'm cheap that way.
Posted By: smellslikecastor

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/17/14 02:45 AM

instead of dripping on your leg it will be all over the gun and cartridge... and your hands!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/17/14 04:17 AM

I buy rags and shorts at kols on sale......

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/17/14 03:04 PM

Speaking of Kohls, Herb Kohl sold the Milwaukee Bucks for $550 million. The way they played this year, $5.50 would have been about right. I only mention this because Herb was my first boss and I am now hoping he has animal problems. He can afford me!
Posted By: warrior

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/17/14 06:48 PM

Rick nailed it.

My pet peeve is number three. I like a fine bead, I can always add more if needed but a big hole makes a mess. I've about gotten to the point that I load my pockets with tubes just so my helpers won't cut the tips for me.

Re: If it keeps half the silicone off my pants... - 04/17/14 09:05 PM

I would be remiss if I didn't add that if you fall off enough roofs, you can hire people to do that stuff. And if you pay them enough money, you really don't care what their pants look like. ( I have three unused holsters in the basement right now )
© 2024 Trapperman Forums