Home

Travel Limits for ADC Beaver

Posted By: SGT. C

Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/09/14 06:38 PM

What are your maximum travel limits when doing beaver control work? I know if the money is there, then travel distance is mute. I do beaver control work throughout my state. I tell people my motto is, "if someone has the money, I have the time and traps".
I'm working on getting a travel trailer to set up at work sites. I usually can find lodging nearby. Usually a deer camp or such verses a local motel.

I'd like to hear from fellow ADC guys on how far will you go for a one time job or a contracted maintenance site / sites.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/10/14 12:24 PM

Hello,

I have an ADC license for N.H. and Mass. I will travel if they are willing to pay my service call rate (it fluctuates based on distance travel). The farthest I have gone for a beaver job to date is 90 minutes one way.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/11/14 04:17 PM

Anyone else.I'm asking for your input on this.Thanks
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/11/14 08:35 PM

SGT.C, the reason that you haven't gotten the response that you would like, is because I suppose, that no one is sure of what the going price for beaver trapping is, in your area of South Carolina.

I will tell you that we rarely like to travel more than 30 miles or thirty minutes for anything. And that includes beaver. This has always been our thought on the subject of long travel distances; If I'm going down to the Illinois border to trap beaver, I can't take the beaver calls that are three miles away.

This scenario isn't any different if you are the only employee of your company, or one of many. If I had my way, I would trade every competitor for jobs. Why should I travel 30 miles to a competitor's backyard? If he can't do the job properly, he will be out of business very shortly anyway. The object is to make a profit and to be solvent when the next customers calls.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/11/14 08:40 PM

I'd like to hear from fellow ADC guys on how far will you go for a one time job or a contracted maintenance site / sites.

To answer this...depends how busy I am...and the how much factor

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/12/14 10:30 AM

Rick...It's not me...
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/12/14 02:05 PM

I have traveled over 200 miles one way. I always get a nice motel and eat like a king.
Key is to set HARD,,,, aka over set.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/12/14 07:09 PM

I may have gone 100 miles or so in Virginia in the late 70's, so you got me beat Vinke. Usually I am within 50 miles'ish, sometimes a bit over. I try to put off a single job, wait a bit and clump multiple jobs when I can, either on the way or in a bunch all in one area. One job is not all that profitable usually more than 50 miles out, but if three of four jobs are on route, it comes out pretty good. I just love the beaver trapping, so they usually have me at hello. Hate to miss any beaver work.

I put no limitations on where I will travel, if the bucks are right. If they made the right offer in Argentina, I would be on my way.

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/12/14 09:03 PM

Argentina....YUP!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/12/14 09:20 PM

What Vinke failed to mention is that his 200 mile trips include a cowgirl in short shorts and boots. ( You've got to read between the lines on some of these posts )
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Travel Limits for ADC Beaver - 04/13/14 06:40 AM

for a big contract, if I could find a referral, 80 miles.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums