Home

I got stuck today

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

I got stuck today - 04/01/14 11:21 PM

I was driving down a city street looking for an address. My partner with the GPS said 4th house on the right so I pulled into the driveway. Then I noticed the house numbers said I'd passed it. I backed out. 4 feet away from the edge of the driveway (So I was well away from the edge of a 3 car wide driveway) I backed into a 3 ft wide section of mud between the street and the sidewalk... and sunk in. As soon as I realized that the one wheeled wonder was spinning it's tire I stopped, but the damage was done. Luckily I had AAA. I sat and waited for the tow while my partner tried to make the sale on a possum job. Who the heck has a section of mud at the end of the driveway in the middle of the city?

*sigh* no harm, no foul except for the pride.

Matt
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: I got stuck today - 04/02/14 03:29 PM

Murphy's Law! Get the possum job?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: I got stuck today - 04/02/14 08:15 PM

Limestone, I've been there and done that. To be perfectly honest, I shouldn't have been there, so I guess I deserved THAT!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: I got stuck today - 04/02/14 11:57 PM

My gps took me on a "shortest route" detour though the the dessert yesterday,,,,10 miles of steep incline with loose rock and 4 washes.....

Differently not the fastest but fun anyway.....
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: I got stuck today - 04/03/14 12:41 AM

Vinke, how many times do I have to tell you; you can't use a Washington state GPS in Arizona. The Washington GPS is used to constant rain and when it gets to Arizona it dies of thirst!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: I got stuck today - 04/03/14 12:54 AM

Probably sewer/utility trenching that hasn't been paved over.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: I got stuck today - 04/03/14 12:56 AM

Originally Posted By: coonwacka
Murphy's Law! Get the possum job?

I'm pretty sure it passed us by. While I was sitting there a couple Dept of General Services guys came up and were telling me that a few houses down somebody used the back yard for a dump and they were there to clean it out. No more food source and suddenly it's not as nice of a place to live. There was a well worn hole under the shed though. Who knows... she had to talk to the husband and wouldn't close.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: I got stuck today - 04/03/14 03:25 PM

Paul, I think mine was made in Mexico were crossing the desert common in AZ
© 2024 Trapperman Forums