Home

Game Camera reccomendations please

Posted By: huntinjunkie

Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/01/14 05:04 PM

Looking in the $150-$200 range and pics do not need to be sent to phone. Just still and video for entry/exit points.

Thanks,
HJ
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/01/14 06:54 PM

Dlc covert.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/01/14 08:51 PM

X2 for the dlc coverts or scoutguard series. When I used them for invasive species projects we looked for the cheapest and best working camera for the money. You could find them online for $149.99, but a few of those folks would deal down to $99.00 per unit if you bought enough.

They go a long long time on 8 AA batteries, which is one thing we wanted, the pics were good and trigger speed good. Some of the heavy cam test websites confirmed that they were highly regarded for their bracket of cost.

We used the SG550 units almost exclusively in the forest green... Only had one out of 60 we had for 4 years in heavy rotation in rough country and lots of heat and wind die on us.

Great user grade unit that you will get your money out of!

I've done the bushnell as well since opening our company that are in the same bracket and haven't liked the results, the battery compartment tended to be loose and you might walk away thinking things are good and little breeze and no pics!

Justin
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/01/14 10:07 PM

Coverts here
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/02/14 01:35 PM

For what you're looking for, there are all kinds of cameras available in that price range.

Things you may want to consider when choosing a model are trigger speed, flash/IE, red/black IE, image size, min/max distance, and mounting options.

Wildgame Nation makes a good camera that is under $100 for simple monitoring of access points. More expensive camera have better quality (and their newer cameras may as well) but again, if that isn't that important why pay for a feature you don't need?
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/02/14 02:03 PM

My son gave me a new "black" Moultrie camera for Christmas. It is the only one I have ever used that the animals don,t look at the camera while it is running. It has sound.

Here is a recent example of its use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh8JVE_7xtE&feature=youtu.be

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/03/14 12:44 AM

This the model you guys were talking about? Looks like the next step up goes to higher resolution with video, camo etc. but price goes to $150. I could afford 3 of these for the same as what I had planned on shopping for.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DLC2595?s...CFbBj7Aodt3YAyg

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/03/14 03:31 PM

Hey huntin,

This is the older model here on my link, these are the ones I've always used, however I'd bet the next generation rocks too!

Also, I always bought bulk from Mack's so those are some good folks! They always beat everyone else's price, though I realize
you are buying a few rather than 15 or 20 so the bulk discount might not apply.

Looks like a great price!

The old units look like they are mostly on ebay now...

Justin

http://www.adorama.com/HCSG550V.html?gclid=CIO-g5LRxL0CFY0-MgodoT8AAQ

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/03/14 03:57 PM

Thanks everyone.

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/05/14 12:27 PM

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DLC2595?s...CFYt9OgodgVcAdQ

I've got a three of em coming to me right now. Thanks again!
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/09/14 05:43 AM

I have ran the SG550s for years. The only thing I wish they had is a laser that you could aim instead of walk in front of. It might work for deer or larger game but when trying to cover a vent hole on the side of a house you can be a few inches off and miss everything. Anyone know of a good camera that has a laser that you can actually see where the trigger is ?
Posted By: smallcreek55

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/09/14 11:43 PM

I remember someone on here had pic's of a under water camera and the price wasn't bad , wish I would of saved it ,would like to put one in a couple of spots.

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/10/14 03:18 PM

Put one out in the yard in teh pouring rain the other night....Think the lens fogged a little because had 4 seperate deer pics at a distance of about 10ft and you could BARELY make them out. We'll see today.
Hope they work cuz I'm using them on a job tonight.

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/10/14 03:34 PM

On thing to be sure of just as a side note, not all batteries are created equal. With trail cams on AA batteries getting fresh batteries in them is always going to help the whole operation. Fogging though due to rain and so forth, I've seen on all the cams out there including $400.00 types.

Hope that helps and things clear up. Are you using the new ones you posted a pic of that is the new SG or that old model I posted the link to?

Just curious, hope it turns out better. I've had them in snow, rain, terrible wind, etc.... and unless batteries were low the shots were always a great quality.

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/10/14 04:39 PM

I went with the MPE5. 6 megapixel...$69 camera. I could get three for the price of one "name brand X."
Thanks for the hint....Brand new batteries..Only has been out 24hrs.
Posted By: 22mag

Re: Game Camera reccomendations please - 04/10/14 04:58 PM

I use a Uway VH-200B. I cant remember all specs but it fits your price range and does a great job for me.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums