Home

Squirrel funnels

Posted By: coonwacka

Squirrel funnels - 03/30/14 10:26 PM

Any success using these?
Will they work for flyers?
Make your own?
Hole diameters are key, so I've read, how big for grays, fox and flyers?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Squirrel funnels - 03/30/14 11:18 PM

Why not just trap?
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Squirrel funnels - 03/31/14 12:55 AM

Trap and remove. Any I exclude, just make another way in.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Squirrel funnels - 03/31/14 03:24 AM

Are you talking to funnel them into a trap or a 1 way funnel to exclude?
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Squirrel funnels - 03/31/14 11:53 AM

Learning squirrel behavior/biology is key to when exclusion can be used in your area and if it is the best choice.

If they have young inside and you exclude it is likely, to a high degree of probability they will chew back in close to the original entry or go to a completely different area to make reentry. Thus causing more damage to the home or business.

So you will have a learning curve with this and other animals until you have served your time.
In most cases catch and removal are better down range solutions. A nose cone into holding cage if the access is found is a more positive solution.
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Squirrel funnels - 03/31/14 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: traprjohn
Are you talking to funnel them into a trap or a 1 way funnel to exclude?

One way.

The reason I was asking is a (short term?) solution when someone will not be available to check traps on a daily bases but the homeowner, at least, has some sort of device to relieve their anxiety, for a couple days. Also it might work..?? Mainly why I'm asking.

If you had to go out of town for 2 days and you got a call the day before you left with an anxious homeowner, would you;
1) Tell them you not available for a couple days and leave the door open?
2) Inspect out the job and tell them you can do it but not for a couple days?
3) Attempt to put some type of exclusion and tell them I'll be back in 2 days (I'll be away) if this is not working and you still hear noises, I will be in touch daily though.

Pretend you are just starting your biz and have very few clients, however, you had to leave a couple days.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums