Home

becoming a adc

Posted By: rob gallagher

becoming a adc - 03/23/14 01:50 AM

hi i was looking to start adc work for my town pillager and was looking fir advice on how to get to be able to start doing it and who to talk to about starting adc and any info would be great thanks ~ rob
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 02:10 AM

Start with your DNR to get a feel for the laws. Every state is different.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 02:46 AM

Wow! There really is a city called Pillager. ( I'll bet it's right between Plunderer and Looter ) I can't tell from the map, but with only 416 people in town, you're probably going to have to find more customers. I think there's a bunch of Minnesota guys on here to help you out.
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 11:52 AM

I thought he meant he was going to work for a man who was the town pillager. Might learn a lot if that's the case!
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 12:48 PM

Looks like it would be a good service area around
There. A little to the north and you have a good
Population. Crow wing county has 62,000 ppl alone.
Lots of vacationers and lake homes.

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 11:02 PM

so what do i do to start adc
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: becoming a adc - 03/23/14 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Bethell
Start with your DNR to get a feel for the laws. Every state is different.

What Jim said is a good place to start, first make sure you get things legally lined out, then once that is done if you are wondering what equipment to buy or tactics for various wildlife species there are tons of threads on this here in the archives. Many folks ask about "how do I startup" and folks will answer, but do check the search function on this website there are tons of folks who have offered lots of great info you can take and use to your benefit.

Obviously being legal is the first key, after this comes how will you advertise, what do you want to pursue (species wise), what insurance are you going to purchase to protect your customers in case of accidents, what equipment do you need, vehicle, overhead, etc....

If running it as a professional business there is much to do over the top of just finding a client to pay you. Depends on your goals, so folks might have a better idea how to answer if you throw a little more detail at us in terms of what you are looking to do, run a full time professional wildlife control outfit, or just part time make some extra money, or so forth...

Justin

Re: becoming a adc - 03/24/14 12:42 AM

just part time
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: becoming a adc - 03/24/14 02:08 AM

One other place to start is reading the back pages of this forum. Lots of information here.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 12:14 AM

I think the town pillager is the tax collector.

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 03:22 PM

no it is not
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 07:35 PM

when starting up you will have to spend a fortune on advertising otherwise you will not get a lot of work,when I started up I used internet, local press, yellowpages, parish magazines, I probably spend 5to 6 thousand pounds per year on this alone, then you need public liability insurance, a decent vehicle, tools,traps, application equipment, PPE, the list goes on and on, but in the end its worth it, the work is brilliant the hour s flexible,and its like being paid to go out to play.
I love it and its the best move I ever made.

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 07:44 PM

coney catcher, I say, old chap, I really liked your post. Can we expect to be hearing from you? ( That's the extent of my British accent )
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 07:59 PM

Pillager is someone who takes something by force....from somesones Booty
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 07:59 PM

Thanks Paul, love this site, loads of interesting stuff on here, only found it a couple of months ago, I like your British accent, think you must have been over here,
it takes me ages to write anything on computers, one fingered typing, but hopefully you will be hearing a bit from me

Re: becoming a adc - 03/28/14 08:32 PM

coney, ( First of all, I too am typing this with one finger ) I had a relative that went to London and met some chaps that paid her back by coming to visit America. She called us and asked what she could do to entertain them. I told her to bring them out and we'll take care of it.

Knowing that England wasn't big on firearms and that we had a shooting range in the backyard, I put two and two together and I would guess that your countrymen had the time of their lives firing all kinds of different guns in our backyard. They even took the casings home to prove it!......Cheerio
© 2024 Trapperman Forums