Home

I hear a noise

Posted By: Coondog6

I hear a noise - 03/22/14 07:39 PM

Hello All,

I had an indivdual call me today with, "I hear a noise and I know it isn't a mouse. We had mice at our old house." She hears the noise around 8 o'clock each night. What is it?

I told her flyers or coon.

This is southern N.H. and we still have snow on the ground.

Thanks
Posted By: DaveK

Re: I hear a noise - 03/22/14 10:39 PM

A ghost.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: I hear a noise - 03/22/14 11:05 PM

Ask her to try to imitate the noise.

Matt
Posted By: Budfish

Re: I hear a noise - 03/22/14 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone
Ask her to try to imitate the noise.

Matt

.....and record it when she does so we all can have a good laugh. laugh
Posted By: sgs

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 12:26 AM

If she is hearing the noise for just a few minutes, I would guess flyers. If the noise continues through the night, I'd say mice.

If she says there are people wrecking the house, I'd say raccoon.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Coondog6
She hears the noise around 8 o'clock each night.

If the noise is only heard for a short duration, it could possibly be structural movement. Creaking due to expansion/contraction during the winter is common, especially if they have a programmable thermostat that adjusts the temperature setting at a particular time each day/night. Homes with hot water heat are more likely to experience these sounds, but it is possible (and common) on any type of home.

Just because she called a wildlife control company about a sound doesn't actually mean it's a wildlife sound.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 12:32 PM

Well said Ron. I have hot water heat and it takes a few days to get use to the noise every winter.
Posted By: DaveK

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 01:03 PM

Makes you wonder if she goes to bed at 8 each day.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Ron Scheller
Originally Posted By: Coondog6
She hears the noise around 8 o'clock each night.

Just because she called a wildlife control company about a sound doesn't actually mean it's a wildlife sound.

Good point. Many have been called to a possible squirrel call to find a smoke detector with a dead battery.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 04:13 PM

We are considering listing smoke detectors as an animal. I hate to brag but I'm one of top rated detector detectives in the state!
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: I hear a noise - 03/23/14 07:22 PM

Just watch out if you go @ 8pm to investigate and she has a candlight dinner for two and she replies with "noise...what noise."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums