Home

I Predicted This!

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

I Predicted This! - 03/19/14 11:49 PM

Those of you that go on P.J.'s face book can see for yourself. The destruction from Peter cottontail is starting to show. We've been getting away with way too many years of very little piling snow. This year we paid for it. I've been watching our yard like a hawk and I think the hawks and owls got most of our rabbits.

Not everyone was that lucky. I've seen rabbit damage the likes of which I haven't seen in 20 years. Catching rabbits now is difficult, besides which, they're no longer doing damage. I just hope we get a few more "hopping down the bunny trail."
Posted By: wiscotrapper

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 02:24 AM

What's Face book?

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 04:04 AM

I hope you're not asking me. I'm still working on how to use my smartphone.
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 10:27 AM

we stock bunnies and hare at my beagle club, but hawks and owls are our worst enemies. We try to give them as much cover as possible to aid in survival.
Posted By: warrior

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 12:58 PM

Paul are you talking about rabbits stripping bark off after fruit trees and ornamentals? If so please show some pictures as we never have that sort of damage down here. At worse bunnies are a minor nuisance for gardeners down here but not much else.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 02:22 PM

I lost a bunch of 1-2 foot trees I had planted and all kinds of other plants as well. Tough winter all around. They sat on the snow and could reach over the fence guards I had made.

Re: I Predicted This! - 03/20/14 05:49 PM

David, yes, girdling young trees, plants, shrubs, etc. I'll try to get some pics. Went to check my rabbit cages today and there was a cottontail sitting in the backyard. I set a cage between two fences and was lucky enough to chase him right into a small cage. I've never done that before. Also had one in a Comstock skunk cage. I'm getting to be a regular Elmer Fudd. Wascally Wabbits!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums