Home

Collarum Trap Problems

Posted By: Paul James

Collarum Trap Problems - 03/19/14 05:43 AM

I have three Collarum traps set within the city limits. Two of them are in a residential neighborhood and one is at a rural area. In all of these places, they have cats too. In fact the reason I was asked to trap was to prevent more cats and small dogs from being eaten by the coyotes. I placed all of the traps where they have been sighted often. I have the set correctly placed and have used the Collarum bait. I have set that trap 5 times and in all of the cases for all three sites, cats are licking the bait right off of the trap. I have put coyote urine near the trap to keep the cats off and get the curiosity of the Coyote near the trap. Not working. I could not figure out what was eating the bait until I put a trail cam on it and found a cat has been culprit. Since I placed the trap, the customers say they do not see the coyote anymore. I saw pictures of him and he had a very bad case of mange. Anyway, anyone have any ideas.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Collarum Trap Problems - 03/19/14 05:54 AM

Try wiring a fresh hambone that has all the meat cut off for a scent and visual that the cats may lick but the bone remains.
Posted By: Paul James

Re: Collarum Trap Problems - 03/19/14 05:55 AM

Ok. I like that idea. I'll try that.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Collarum Trap Problems - 03/19/14 06:01 AM

Catch the bait-licking cat with a cage trap.... release him after you're done trapping. Or find out who owns it, and tell them to keep it inside or every time you get a pic on the game cam the owner gets billed $100.
Posted By: huntinjunkie

Re: Collarum Trap Problems - 03/19/14 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Ron Scheller
Catch the bait-licking cat with a cage trap.... release him after you're done trapping. Or find out who owns it, and tell them to keep it inside or every time you get a pic on the game cam the owner gets billed $100.

Love it!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums