Home

Gray Squirrels II

Posted By: Coondog6

Gray Squirrels II - 03/06/14 10:40 PM

Hello All,

Well I did what some of you suggested and I looked for squirrel tracks in the snow. I didn't see any none on the roof and none around the house. Gray squirrels do they come out every day? Could they be staying in the house? Or could they have another unwanted quest in the house?

Thanks
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Gray Squirrels II - 03/06/14 10:57 PM

If it hasn't snowed or blown to cover older tracks, I'm going to go with the ever popular mouse. A female squirrel with young will stay with them for a while but not real long around here. I have sometimes seen them looking out through the hole in the house, wishing that they males.
Posted By: cjoutdoors

Re: Gray Squirrels II - 03/07/14 01:18 AM

and mice would explain why your client has caught so many local squirrels and is still hearing critters
Posted By: Trapper Don

Re: Gray Squirrels II - 03/07/14 11:33 PM

I agree with the mice idea. I always used the noise gauge of If it sounds like a squirrel its a mouse, If it sounds like an elephant then its a squirrel. The reason is Dry wall and plaster will amplify sound. Think sound board like the top of an acoustic guitar. You have no sign or visible entry holes? I am on board with the mice thing.
My 2 cents
Don LaFountain
© 2024 Trapperman Forums