Home

I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/11/13 08:29 PM

So I got this can of spray adhesive that no longer sprays. Obviously the can didn't hold any pressure. Being a disciple of Red Green, I new exactly what to do. I got out my trusty drill, but before I started drilling, I wrapped a towel around the can just in case there was some small amount of pressure left in the can.

Everything went smoothly. I drilled the hole in the top of the can, set the drill down, unwrapped the towel, and then the can proceeded to explode. Did you know that glue under pressure can go more than six feet in the air? I had glue on my hands, face, and what little hair I have left is now held in place by spray adhesive.

My next mistake was shutting my left eye. It took both of my hands to open it up again. On the bright side, it was a very high quality adhesive. I've used Goo-BeGone, dishwashing liquid, and rubbing alcohol, and I'm still pretty sticky. It's also kind of scary putting on a cap when you don't know if it's ever coming off again.
Posted By: Lundy

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/11/13 09:01 PM

I don't care who you are ... That right there is FUNNY!!!!!
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/11/13 09:08 PM

Paul,

Where's the duct tape? You know Red Green doesn't do anything without using duct tape. In this case, if you would of wrapped the can in duct tape before drilling I doubt it would have exploded. BTW, my father-in-law is a dead ringer for Red and loves duct tape almost as much.

Now, just be careful what customers you hug until the glue is all gone or you may have some serious explaining to do to the Mrs. about who you brought home "stuck on you" and why they got stuck in the first place. LOL
Posted By: NateSmith

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/11/13 09:33 PM

THAT is actually good reasoning (I like it). Agree with wrapping the can with duct tape first (woulda used gorilla tape at a minimum). What spray adhesive type was it? Just curious.
Posted By: smallcreek55

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 12:43 AM

I had to read it twice my eyes filled up with water from laughing so hard I couldn't see it , then I couldn't catch my breath. I have to go to another page because I keep reading it and just can't stop laughing.............
Posted By: Vinke

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 01:25 AM

why did you drill a hole in the can???

More fun will cans,
,,,slip one into the camp fire......
Posted By: buckslayer

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 01:34 AM

Oh man did I need that laugh! lol

Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 02:37 AM

I was thinking how to get the paint from a spray can that was full but would not spray. My thinking got as far as wrapping it with the towel. Then I read your story. Thanks Paul.

BTW, do you think using a big hole cutter would work better?
Posted By: BUD25

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 03:24 AM

Lol

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 05:22 AM

The first thing my wife said was, "What were you thinking?"

My answer: "In what part of this tale do you feel there was any thinking done?"

NateSmith, it was 3M Special 77 Adhesive Spray.

Vinke, I needed some glue and there was a lot left in the can. If you don't believe me you should look at my ceiling.

Phil, not sure about a larger drill bit but you can bet I'll try that next time.
Posted By: Kermit

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 05:58 PM

Should of used a .22 sized hole from 25 yards
Posted By: Trapper Don

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 08:43 PM

Soooo Paul your a big post-it now?
Posted By: warrior

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/12/13 10:19 PM

For some reason I got this mental image of a feather pillow coming apart.
Posted By: USNret

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/14/13 01:10 AM

I propose we all pitch in to buy Paul a GoPro camera for Christmas so we get the opportunity to SEE his shenanigans and not just hear about them.

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/14/13 08:23 PM

Kevin, in order for this idea to work you would have to find a GoAmateur camera.
Posted By: Baxter

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/15/13 02:28 AM

He's at the age where he needs Life Alert not a gopro.Haha.
Posted By: elktrack

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/15/13 06:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Phil, not sure about a larger drill bit but you can bet I'll try that next time.

Next time? You are persistent. Some people refer to persistence as stick-to-itness. If the shoe fits...
Good luck buddy.
Posted By: Mike Hurley

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/15/13 01:52 PM

sticky situation!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/18/13 02:56 AM

"Tonight on Handyman's Corner, we'll show ya how to get all the adhesive out of a spray can. Hope you have an immediate use for 100% of that adhesive."

Re: I Lowered The Bar On Stupidity - 12/18/13 10:04 PM

Having trouble keeping you hair in place? No need for hairspray. I've found a much more permanent solution.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums