Home

Mole trappin'

Posted By: roe

Mole trappin' - 02/26/13 05:23 PM

Been real busy of late with the little black gentlemen. The phones been red-hot and I've got plenty of work on. Today I did a few jobs resulting in a total of ten moles, which isn't a great amount but today was one of those funny days where I spent most of my time setting the traps in a new area rather than lifting traps. Tomorrow should be a bit of a bumper harvest. least I hope it will be! some of these fields are black with moles and I'm guessing theres going to be some strong money to be made. I usually use white markers on lollypop sticks, but had to make a few pink ones up as the stubble and dead grass we were setting on made seeing a white marker difficult

Posted By: Getting There

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/26/13 05:31 PM

WTG, we still have a lot of snow. I had some flag made up with my name and phone number on them. Cheaper than buying from the hard ware store. I see you are using OOS and I think they are called duffy traps. Ever try any of Steve A. traps?

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/26/13 06:03 PM

Hi, i made those flags for practically nothing.....the traps is a 'talpa' trap, works on similar principle as the OOS trap you guys use...the other traps are called 'duffus'.

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/27/13 04:40 PM

Ended up with 14 for today but i've reset a lot of traps so tomorrows goin to be a bumper harvest i should guess....this is the field we just set, it was black with molehills but they were pretty easy to pattern and set on the bottlenecks, so I'm expecting a good haul!!
Posted By: Terrier

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/27/13 05:10 PM

Oh my! That looks like a dream! Thanks for posting this pic!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/27/13 06:34 PM

How many traps did you have set? Which traps work the best for you?

Re: Mole trappin' - 02/27/13 07:33 PM

Hi, I guess on that field theres about a thousand mole hills and i set about 18 traps. I learnt a while back that its not about how many traps you set, but where. when I first started out i was throwing in traps left, right and centre, but these days i just set on the hotspots. The traps I use are duffus types, ideal for this time of year as they can catch two moles at once. I can set a trap in less than a minute and i rate them. I will use other types of traps as and when needed, but duffus is the main frontal assault!
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Mole trappin' - 03/01/13 04:12 AM

How many captured?

Re: Mole trappin' - 03/01/13 10:25 PM

well, a busy day, but off that field i only got 11, but got 7 from another place and 11 from another...so not a bad day all in all!"!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums