Home

Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/20/12 08:41 PM

After the driest, hottest, year on record, it seems that Wisconsin might get that white Christmas after all. It rained more than I have ever seen it rain in December but the temperature dropped and it's all snow now. This in itself isn't bad but I do worry about our guys looking for tracks on roofs.

P.S. Do you guys down south get the same crappy colds from your grandkids that I am experiencing right now?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/20/12 08:55 PM

Yes, Paul, we do. Unlike your usual of cold and stay cold our kids get drug in and out from cold and wet to shirt sleeve weather back to just plain cold all in the course of day. It's a wonder we all ain't dead of pneumonia.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/20/12 08:59 PM

BTW, last year was the first of my 43 years that had snow on the ground on the 25th day of December. I figure that since I will probably have to make it to my 86th winter for that to happen twice I will never see it again this side of eternity.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/20/12 10:44 PM

Look for tracks in the snow. Red fox are the bomb.
Posted By: ProLine

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/20/12 11:56 PM

Some squirrel job are solved only because of a good coating of white stuff on a roof.
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/21/12 01:34 AM

All rain tomorrow,dry and cool on christmas.We haven't had a white christmas in a few years now

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/22/12 02:10 AM

The closest thing to snow I ever see here in Northern Florida is cotton and when its all picked you got to look at it twice and wonder if it snowed.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 01:43 AM

Got close to 10 inches last nite. That solves that problem. smile
Posted By: sgs

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 04:10 AM

None here and I'm glad of it.

I've too much to do and bare ground is making it a little easier. smile

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 05:18 AM

It finally got cold enough this week that I thought I saw some ice but it must have been a fluke back into short sleeves today. So far it's been pretty mild my bees have even been seen bringing in pollen.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 11:18 AM

Originally Posted By: sgs
None here and I'm glad of it.

I've too much to do and bare ground is making it a little easier. smile

Even after that last storm? 10 inches in maine
Posted By: sgs

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 01:47 PM

Quote:
Even after that last storm?

Yep. We got two inches at the beginning of the week but the last storm was all rain in my area.

Bare ground here! smile

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 02:16 PM

Bare ground here! smile

Same thing here too lol
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 03:58 PM

We didnt get much snow thursday night/friday however we had 50mph winds so from my back door to the gate its over 4ft tall and in front of my garage its as tall as me. The yard you can see grass poking through. Its as hard as a rock, I have an 800lb angus hiefer that walked over the fence to get to the fresh round bales. I had to lock the cows in the barn.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 07:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Robb Russell
Bare ground here! smile

Same thing here too lol

New hampshire, the new Florida!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/23/12 08:45 PM

Most of my first 25 years were spent fairly close to Lake Michigan. After we got married we moved a short 20 miles west. After our business took off, we moved back to the Lake Michigan area. I went back to where I used to live today, on a job, and I really could not believe that what was mostly rain for us, was all snow for them. ( I made the right move )

Travis, I haven't heard a story like that since I was a kid. Thanks for bringing back the memories of my mom taking a picture of me on top of the apple trees. ( Since my dad was a cattle dealer, I know exactly what you are talking about )
Posted By: pnwmtnmn

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/24/12 03:41 AM

Supposed to snow before Christmas but the weather guessers have been wrong before.
Posted By: Probtrapper

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/24/12 04:58 AM

No snow here but in the last week we've had over thirteen inches of rain. We live the sacramento valley surrounded by mountains on three sides. My in-laws live 45 minutes from us up in the hills and as of yesterday they had 30 inches of snow in their front yard.Probably got another foot today.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/24/12 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Travis Wolford
We didnt get much snow thursday night/friday however we had 50mph winds so from my back door to the gate its over 4ft tall and in front of my garage its as tall as me. The yard you can see grass poking through. Its as hard as a rock, I have an 800lb angus hiefer that walked over the fence to get to the fresh round bales. I had to lock the cows in the barn.

Wow! That's some hard snow!
We're supposed to maybe probably possibly get snow Christmas night.
Merry Chritmas to all...and may God bless us, every one.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/24/12 11:30 PM

Well' the weather guessers were wrong for last night. Maybe tonight....

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 12:26 AM

Does fog count? If so we had solid ground fog coming up at sunset.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 12:06 PM

Cold and White here, we have about 4 to 7 inches depending where you stand. LOL!

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 01:33 PM

We got about a half inch last night.enough to make it a white christmas

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 03:08 PM

Wet is about close enough for us. The fat man left the youngun a brand new trampoline that she can't enjoy due to the wet! You'd think the fat man would've thought of that. LOL

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 03:11 PM

Steve, that sure is a pretty sight. I love snow in the woods especially since I see it so rarely.
That beagle reminds me of a winter snow way back when that I got to see a pack of beagles get up some rabbits in the snow, now that was a blast.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 04:14 PM

You're right warrior,hunting snowshoe rabbits in maine is some of the most fun hunting you can have.I try to go as much as possible but ive only been three times this season because ive had so many beaver jobs......MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 06:09 PM

No snow just wet.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/25/12 07:58 PM

Oh, yeah, Beagles rule. Ain't a sweeter sound than a pack of Beagles hot on a trail. Music to my ears.
Probably will get ~3" after midnite, and it'll melt by 2 pm. We never get any snow to speak of in December.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/26/12 01:55 AM

Snowing since 2 pm now

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/26/12 03:25 AM

Not even a drop of rain here.

Re: Who Is Going To Have A White Christmas? - 12/26/12 03:17 PM

Yup - we got our snow- a whole inch!
I think that Christmas and Christmas Eve being such slow news days, the news shows (and it is show business) try to over-sell the little content they have that viewers are interested in. Thus the 5-7" prediction. I know from experience that we very rarely get any snow to speak of in December.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums