Home

Bad day on the levee

Posted By: teachit2akid

Bad day on the levee - 11/21/12 01:24 PM

We have all had traps stolen through the years but this was the worst. Koro beaver trap 50' 3/8 chain around tree cut with bolt cutters. The local police acted like I was wasting there coffee time to get a report. Middle of the day not rush hour or bad weather.
500.00 trap and lock with chain will probably be sold for scrap for 4 bucks.
Posted By: Skykeeper

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/21/12 02:05 PM

That stinks big time Sir . Guess those cops don't care for trappers to much huh .
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/21/12 02:52 PM

Keep an eye on Craigs list & ebay. Mainly Craigs list.
Posted By: mchitwood

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/26/12 08:21 PM

What part of TN are you in? Did you call TWRA?
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/27/12 10:02 PM

Wow that's a bad one
Posted By: teachit2akid

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/29/12 04:26 AM

Chattanooga, Yep called TWRA and left a message for to local officer as well as filed a police report. I have heard nothing from TWRA
Posted By: mchitwood

Re: Bad day on the levee - 11/30/12 09:19 PM

Can't believe that they haven't even returned your call. I've never had them involved with a trap before but they did get a tree stand back for me once!
Posted By: USNret

Re: Bad day on the levee - 12/01/12 11:55 PM

I know how you feel. Woke up this AM to discover my 40' aluminum ladder missing from behind the house. Bootprints show two thieves. Cop who took report stopped by the local scrap metal place to see if our crooks were dumb enough to sell it there. Heading to next town over in the AM to look at the 40'er that popped up on craigslist today. Could they be that dumb? Hope so.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Bad day on the levee - 12/02/12 07:46 PM

Wouldn't doubt it. As I said on NWCOA.info, crackheads ain't gonna use the dang thing.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Bad day on the levee - 12/02/12 09:50 PM

Where are the good old days when stealing a ladder meant you had to do some work, so it never ever happened!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums