Home

Anyone use catheters?

Posted By: warrior

Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 02:13 PM

If I have to keep driving in downtown Atlanta traffic I'm either going to have to hook myself up to a bag or get arrested for pissing on the interstate. lol
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 02:21 PM

LOL
Posted By: andyva

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 03:21 PM

I'm 38, what's the deal? Is my bladder getting smaller or something? This issue is one of the few complaints I have with this job. You don't get many calls where the gravel pull-offs next to the woods outnumber the traffic lights.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 03:30 PM

Sprinter van with lots of stand up room. Lots of empty water bottles, anywhere is a good spot.
Cargo style so only windows are on the front end.

I feel ya!
Posted By: Aaron Proffitt

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 03:32 PM

Originally Posted By: andyva
I'm 38, what's the deal? Is my bladder getting smaller or something? This issue is one of the few complaints I have with this job. You don't get many calls where the gravel pull-offs next to the woods outnumber the traffic lights.

Same age and have noticed the very same thing. Especially on this deployment where answering nature's call isn't a simple matter as just getting out of bed and walking to the master bathroom. More like climbing down out of my rack, getting dressed and putting on shoes , cinching on my gun belt, and then walking outside to the john . So it's one of those things that I make sure is completely done before I go to bed.

Further proof that war is a young man's game .
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 03:38 PM

This brings up an interesting point. In 11 years I've only asked a client twice to use the bathroom, we all have emergencies. My routine is when I start a job that will keep me in that neighborhood for several days is to locate the nearest construction sight outhouse or a store with facilities. Knowing in advance where to go and I do mean GO is a big relief, pun intended.
Posted By: sgs

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 03:57 PM

I'm lucky in that I only work close to home (go before you leave), I live in a rural area so there's usually a place to pull over and the city areas are small and full of fast food bathrooms.

What I have to watch out for is, since I had my gall bladder out, just not eating anything before I go out. There's little time allowed when you have a full load of bile in your intestines.
Posted By: andyva

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 04:28 PM

They have stores with piped in water in Montanny, Dave? Getting mighty fancy!
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 04:42 PM

On that note and just for good reading... ;-)

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/rant/pee.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7912464/ns/u...-warn-truckers/

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
This brings up an interesting point. In 11 years I've only asked a client twice to use the bathroom, we all have emergencies. My routine is when I start a job that will keep me in that neighborhood for several days is to locate the nearest construction sight outhouse or a store with facilities. Knowing in advance where to go and I do mean GO is a big relief, pun intended.

Dave, this is a true story. Back when I worked for the old company we had to issue a full refund to a client. The tech borrowed her facilities, with the client's permission of course, after he left the lady of the house found a single pubic hair. The reason for the full refund was just to make her go away as she had gotten to the lawsuit stage with her complaint.
As a result the employee manual has a full page delineating that techs are not to use the clients facilities for any reason.
Posted By: coontrapperchad

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 05:17 PM

I had one in when I had my accident. Didn't hurt one bit when they put it in but when they pulled it out I WAS FLOPPIN LIKE A FISH ON LAND!! Lol!!! The one time I sure was glad I was blessed with a lil one cause Lord knows if they would of had to pull it another inch or two I surley would a passed out from the pain. Lmao!!!
Posted By: wiggler

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 05:19 PM

Depends... whistle
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 08:20 PM

I am willing to bet the greater majority of you that I get up and pee more times in a single night than most of you do in 24 hours. This is not a bad thing. As I get older, anything that works anymore is a blessing!

The coolest thing about being an independent business owner is not only knowing who has the cleanest rest rooms but also who has the best coffee so that you can fill up and do it all over again!

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 08:38 PM

Paul talking catheters, depends and geritol are probably three of your favorite subjects.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 08:42 PM

Get a portable urine bottle ( a males unit )from the hospital or from anyone who has been admitted recently and keep in your truck. Works great in a pinch, just dont show any facial expression when you are relieved while sitting in your truck as someone may notice. LOL

My ole buddy Newt S. has the best idea. He drilled a hole in his floor of the driver side and threaded a small pvc tube thru the hole of the needed length and fixed a plastic cup of sorts on the business end as a receiver and then waterproof sealed with some silicone. Just lay the device cup aside or mount like a CB radio mic and you are in business where ever you are.

You may however be told by someone at times that you have a radiator leak when you pull away from a red light or from where you were parked.

It is best to relieve your self when on a side street,alley or in a gravel driveway obviously for the most discreet situation.

Works as a good transmission cooler too if you mount the drain hose just right. Might also be a good idea to remove the discharge hose if you are planning on going thru a quick oil change place to avoid questions.:)
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 09:23 PM

There is big trucks with toilet paper wound around the driveshaft.Those trucks have a hard time getting an oilchange.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 10:03 PM

So basically what all you guys are saying is that you don't have any female technicians, or if you do, you're not sure how they handle it.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/25/12 10:20 PM

Paul, a couple of the best I've ever known were sisters. I assumed they could squat as well as I could stand.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/26/12 12:49 AM

Some woman are squatters, and some are standers and some are standers with artificial help.An internet search could be revealing

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/26/12 01:00 PM

This thread is going in the toilet! laugh
Pun intended.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 10/26/12 02:48 PM

What does a woman do sitting, a man standing, and a dog on three legs?Shake hands
Posted By: MoFarmBoy

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 11/24/12 04:47 AM

I had a catheter and leg bag for several weeks once. Was able to run the trap line fine, but had to secure the line to my thigh with duct tape to prevent tugging. I remember going on several short trips to see about Jon boats and pulling over, cracking the door open, and unclamping the hose. I had to chuckle driving back as I passed those huge yellow spots in the snow.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 11/24/12 05:30 AM

It's called a Prostate, and it's comming for you!
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 11/24/12 08:28 PM

Newt is outed ....... he squats!!!!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 11/30/12 11:00 PM

47 here and fully understand this topic... though no night trips yet! but on the line... wow
Posted By: Big Skunk

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 12/02/12 01:11 PM

You kids don't know notin. They make a pill for everything. For this problem it is called TERAZOSIN CAPS.
Not that I would need it. But, after 8 weeks there was a world of change. Oh happy days. And
that is no BS.

Re: Anyone use catheters? - 12/02/12 09:56 PM

Big Skunk, so what am I going to do with all the extra time I save from not having to run to the john all night long? ( Still rolling )
© 2024 Trapperman Forums