Home

how much to...

Posted By: wiggler

how much to... - 09/11/12 07:41 PM

rip out a beaver dam???
Posted By: Mike Flick

Re: how much to... - 09/11/12 09:07 PM

Depends on the size and location dude. If you can get someone to blow it up for ya, ( with an explosive license I mean) Or do ya gotta do it by hand? It could take days! By hand tell them $150.00 an hour, you will earn it for sure, Ive done it.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: how much to... - 09/11/12 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Flick
Depends on the size and location dude. If you can get someone to blow it up for ya, ( with an explosive license I mean) Or do ya gotta do it by hand? It could take days! By hand tell them $150.00 an hour, you will earn it for sure, Ive done it.

That's in Wisconsin dollars $$$$$$. In Montana dollars somewhere between $75-100 hour and hauling away the debris if requested is extra, figure on either renting a rolloff box set as close as possible or multiple pickup loads. I've never had anyone request the haul off so I don't have a figure. And figure in a new pair of gauntlets that you will surely tear. I never stick bare hands in beaver.
I mean beaver water. grin

Re: how much to... - 09/11/12 11:03 PM

all by hand and out of a boat... cry
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: how much to... - 09/11/12 11:44 PM

I usually find the point of natural flow and rip a hole by hand as far as I can go to get the water level back to normal.This is part of my beaver removal fee. If they want a large dam completely removed I charge by the hour. If a mini escavator is needed I could hire one but I've never run into that yet,and I'm sure I would need some sort of permit to run a machine in wetlands.

Re: how much to... - 09/11/12 11:56 PM

i had to get the DNR's blessing (permit), and the Drain commissioners approval. The drain guy is going to pay half the bill... the lake association is going to pay the rest. they want me to come up with a fee to A. trap the beavers, B. rip the dam out, Or C. both. ive gained access from the closet resort and they are even providing the boat(s) i will need. tomorrow is the exploring mission to see what im up against.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: how much to... - 09/12/12 12:42 AM

I use a chain saw as a helper and cut out about 3' at a time.........right b4 a big rain, if possible, to help wash it all away for $50/hr + 4 new chains.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: how much to... - 09/12/12 02:01 AM

Should be some black beavers in there . Are just putting a brake in it or just removing the whole thing . I normaly charge twice what my boys charge me to do the work . I just drop them off with Lunch and there spears so they make money and have some good boy fun
Posted By: Vinke

Re: how much to... - 09/12/12 03:02 AM

All our jobs require a hydrological permit so it may be different,,,,,,,
we use thee men
two to remove the dam.,,,,,one as a safety monitor
Life jackets are required
Only one foot of water, per hour my be released including head pressure
No significant stream bed scaring may occur
Turbidity must remain within/less then a specific level
Salmon are gods,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

95 per man hour x 3,,,,,average dam will take 4 business days
environmental consultation is at 70 per hour,,,
Posted By: Vinke

Re: how much to... - 09/12/12 03:24 AM

One thing to remember when bidding drainage restoration,,,,, IS, that there will Always be a "hidden" dam beneath the water in area that beaver populations have gone un checked/managed for long term............(aka,,,,you will find surprises after you drain the area)

cost plus!!! ALL THE WAY

Re: how much to... - 09/12/12 11:41 AM

thanks very much for all this info.. this is why i come back to this site. going to check all this out in about 2 hours.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums