Home

Pesky & Son Started This

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 08:38 PM

It seems to me that we decided a long time ago that having our caged animals in public view was one sure way to get the public to really hate our guts. I believe that the post started after a number of unlicensed pest controllers were seen having assorted animals tied on top of the cab of their pick-up.

I would encourage Pesky to get his offspring a job selling encyclopedias rather than working for the moron company he works for now. I really don't care who you are, caged animals flying along the highway, are going to lose you ten customers for every dead-beat one you pick up.

P.S. Does anyone know a company that makes a practice of this? I do.
Posted By: BBM Pres

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 08:39 PM

So do I.
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 08:50 PM

We had a guy a few years ago that you would always see driving a Jeep Cheroke. Always had traps bungee corded anywhere he could get them to hang. This thing looked like a rolling trap with all the cages hanging off it! Not much paint left on that Cheroke either needless to say lol But I agree, not a good idea having them in the public eye like that.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 08:50 PM

Public Perception is VERY important...and while we're at it, lets clean up our personal image.

These guys showing up, looking like they are going out to mow the lawn, is not very professional.

I may not agree with Bud25 very often, but I will say this about him.

( At lest from what I've seen ) he cares about his personal and professional image...and for that he gets my respect.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 09:57 PM

Just about every single company in this area works out of a open truck . I see one in a van but carries the animals in a rack off his bumper . I never had anybudy complain , it's also very common nolage the animals are headed to the country to be released . So we should pretend we don't handle animals . And why if someone that has a animal eating there house would not want to hire a guy with animals he has removed . I don't want that guy he's got animals . What the heck . Very normal to pull in some where ,gas station , house , store ect and people will bring there kids to see all the animals . Was thinking of putting a quarter machine on the side of truck with food so people could feed them . Tarp them over , hide them what so they cook . People have animal trouble and wish to have them taken away by truck that's real simple to understand and not a problem around here

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 10:18 PM

Pesky,

What is being referred to is not animals in an open truck bed, rather it is animals in cages being place on top of ladders or the cargo carriers you can put on a hitch/roof.

When animals are transported in this manner, the animals are easily put in distress due to sun/wind/weather exposure along with the stress they already experience from being trapped. Ask yourself if it was you in the cage, how would you want to be treated?

What activities like this do is bring negative emotional attention to the situation. So the lady that goes to McDonalds with her kids calls the evening news to complain about the trauma her kids went through from seeing the animals panting in the heat or shivering from cold. The news picks it up because they want conflict, it is what makes them money. They then call some animal rights group who then launches a campaign against trappers and wildlife control operators demanding more regulations. And if you think I'm kidding, this is exactly what happened in Washington, DC where operators have to keep their animals "covered from the elements" at all times due to a bill that was written by HSUS, introduced by a council woman so she could get their votes for re-election, and was passed by the council and mayor.

Another issue with this that is rarely talked about is the potential legalities caused by this action. Some areas classify this as animal cruelty and the operator can have multiple charges against them that may shut down their business. There is also the potential of having a law enforcement officer write a ticket for an unsafe or unsecured load and forcing the operator to unload and have the animals transered by another vehicle where they are viewed as secured.

It doesn't matter if the animal is going to be euthanized or released, nor what the operators individual rights are. There are multiple ways to avoid doing this and bringing negative attention to this industry. We know that one of the issues in this line of work is dealing with the animals, but the general public doesn't really understand it and most likely don't care as long as it doesn't interfere with their lives. But we all know that it is easier today for most parents to blame someone else for an issue than to explain what life really is all about to their children.
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 10:32 PM

What did I miss? what did Pesky & Pesky Jr. start?

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 10:55 PM

Im not putting them on my hitch , ladders, truck hood ect and ether is my kid. They ride in the back of the truck in the bed of the truck . It gets real hot we will take and wet them down with a garden hose . Just about Everybudy around here does the same . They got to go in the truck somewhere . As a kid I road in my dads truck in the bed and it felt great . Surly not going to put them in a van to cook and smell like ground hog crap all day .
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 11:08 PM

People care in our area. Posting photos of dead squirrels in a cab is poor taste....videos of unnecessarely hanging a skunk by the tail and throwing into a metal trap is cruel. Just a matter of time...someone is going to care.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 11:51 PM

Man, why can't you guys argue over on my site... laugh

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/17/12 11:53 PM

Your crowd is shy? Try more topics to start conversations?

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 12:24 AM

That squirrel was alive and doing fine now . The squrrel was cold and needed warmed he caught a chil and froze up . Squirrels don't die with there tails up . Ya I wonder that to LT what could it be . I post stuff there to . Can't even post some pic of how well my son is doing in the ADC trapping . That kid will have captured over a thousand animals causing damage to homes this summer . That's better than me and I'm just guessing but better than anybudy in this area . I'm very proud of the kid and not afrade to say so . Go ahead and try to say there's something wrong with that I could really care and think its kinda funny . Right now he has 28 jobs setup and people waiting on a list . The other day he asked why are people calling me sir . God I love that kid
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 12:53 AM

I think pesky is a good trapper. He's just a lot like Tanya Harding.... a little rough around the edges...... smile

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 12:57 AM

Not cool to insult tonya harding like that.
Posted By: sgs

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 01:02 AM

Ya know Pesky, ever since you started to post here there has been a push to nag and ridicule you into conforming to a standard that a handful of sanctimonious types deem appropriate. I think Mike Flicks last thread describes this behavior quite well.

They complain that you don't dress the right way! Good grief!

You're a good man Pesky and so is your son, don't let these pompous (blank) get you down.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 01:37 AM

Not unlike deer season where guys would hang a deer off the back of a camper to swing in the breeze. We can take it, and understand what's what, but way too many folks live on a Walt Disney planet, and don't like to see that sort of reality".
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 01:59 AM

LT what is your site. Paul W. posted it but it got deleted.
I agree with sgs pesky is a good man and a hard worker. I think he's a get'rdone kind of guy and that sets well with his customers.
The problem and Pesky doesn't realize it yet is we have a lot of customers but they are a minority of the population. In our society a vocal minority can influence the majority and things can go bad quick. Many laws come into being by a single incident.
Tim Julien had a little class about something may be legal but that doesn't mean it's right.
Pesky you need to set an example for your fellow pro's in your area and hide your catch. I think it will be a good idea in the long run by not having a statute or ordinance passed telling us how we have to treat animals.
Pesky you are catching a lot of animals and I'm sure your charging a competitive rate you need to buy uniforms to hide that crack before some wild animal tries to hide there:-)
Paul you shouldn't have talked about Pesky's son and his mentor that way. You were reacting to harshly when we only know a small part of the story.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 02:04 AM

Sqs, you are mistaking the teachable moments as criticism. There are meny guys on this site that are trying to help...to make the industry better.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 02:06 AM

Google adc proboard...
Posted By: MoFarmBoy

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
It seems to me that we decided a long time ago that having our caged animals in public view was one sure way to get the public to really hate our guts.

I submit that many of those who knowingly display captured or dead animals in or on their vehicles are either a) attempting to impress their peers with their accomplishment, or b) deliberately prodding those who oppose such activity. We all know deer hunters who gladly risk spoiling good meat by driving around with tailgate down, revealing their take with its tongue hanging out, blood dripping. I asked a slob hunter neighbor of mine why he hung his deer in the tree in his front yard. His reply? "It's closest to the road."

As LT and Paul assert, we indeed are all judged by our appearance and decorum, and until 100% of the population understands how humane and caring most of us are, we must be diligent in representing each other as such. Driving around with exposed dead, alive, dry, or wetted animals or sporting dirty, unkempt clothes with a Coors Light cap may endear you to certain pocket groups, but it will not enhance our collective image in the eyes of the general public. It will, however, promote the notion that trappers are redneck slobs.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 02:25 AM

Mofarmboy...you shure sound edgucated! Hehe....

In all seriousness...very well said. That is exactly the point of this thread.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 03:59 AM

Mofarmboy that was very well said.
My last thoughts on this subject I think.
The police stopped the vehicle in question because they thought there might be a problem and they thought the animals weren't movin properly. They saw the animals were ok then let the wco go on their way. Everyone else who saw the animals never had that luxury. They just saw the animals that didn't seem alright. Pesky we know they were alright we don't have to worry about us..it's them.
In this close presidential election the difference may just be Romney strapping his dog to the roof of his car on vacation. I know there are other issues but this will influence some voters. It would not surprise me to see some jurisdictions pass a law preventing not only that but maybe outlawing dog boxes where the animal can see the ground moving or whatever. Who knows where the logic will take them.
Pesky for no other reason than you or your son might someday run for president hide your stuff.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 04:21 AM

So how many animals you all catch anyway . What's the weekly catch rate on a real good company . Seeing you guys know all . Must be catching 100 to 200 per week my guess . Got them fancy shirts on and all . Running everything perfect and doing and acting 100 % right . You can go ahead and show us all . That is your job right , you trap animals causing damage . Is that why you never post any pictures because you don't wish to make us feel bad I know but go ahead . You guys have been trying to show me well go ahead what's that saying , when the tail gate drops what stops .
Posted By: MoFarmBoy

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 04:34 AM

Sad.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 05:45 AM

Pesky, my animals enjoy the same A/C in the summer and the same heat in the winter, that I do in the Transit Connect. ( They also enjoy the 26 MPG.) I use transfer cages so smell is minimal. I'm not asking anybody to do it my way, but I can't even imagine what it must have been like in the back of a pick-up in the hundred degree heat this summer. They don't sell truck caps in Michigan?

sqs, good defense, do you hose your animals off too?

MoFarmBoy, you sound more like MoMastersDegree. Good post!

Mr. Brooker's thoughts were why I posted this in the first place. When a cop pulls you over because he's worried about the health of the animals, how many other drivers felt the same? This is not a sport or a pastime, this is a profession.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 06:48 AM

Last time I checked Paul that's what they do on horse farms . Where do you guys learn all this crap .

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 10:42 AM

School...listening....conferences.

Think about it.....some guys have 5 or more trucks. To support that equipment, they have to be catching something. Why brag about the catch? No need too.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 11:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
So how many animals you all catch anyway . What's the weekly catch rate on a real good company . Seeing you guys know all . Must be catching 100 to 200 per week my guess . Got them fancy shirts on and all . Running everything perfect and doing and acting 100 % right . You can go ahead and show us all . That is your job right , you trap animals causing damage . Is that why you never post any pictures because you don't wish to make us feel bad I know but go ahead . You guys have been trying to show me well go ahead what's that saying , when the tail gate drops what stops .

This proffesion is not just catching animals. Fellas I think all of our attempts to HELP here have always and will continue to fall on deaf ears. dare we remember the epic woodpecker debate of a few weeks ago? Some people just refuse to listen no matter how many facts or LAWS you slap them with.

Not all of us have aspirations of having a huge fleet of techs on the road, myself included. As long as I can support my wife and kids and put enough away for our future I'll be a happy NWCO. And consider myself a success.

Pesky I dont think many on THIS forum care too much about who catches the most animals. To me this forum is a place to exchange ideas, consult with peers, get advice from experienced operators...etc, This isnt a bragging board at least not to me. Congrats to your son for catching 250 animals per month.

A "fancy" shirt with a logo costs me $22.00 so I can 3 for the price of a single cage, It is an investmentin my company just like a cage. Please buy/wear a belt. $12 for a pocket polo work shirt at Raven Rock work wear, $10 to logo it at Embroidme.

I would suggest looking at the companies around your area that you consider successful. Study them. What sets them apart? Why are they successful? Make a blueprint from what you see. Do they wear uniforms?....and belts?

Im not sure what your goals are for your company. I Have no doubt you are a good trapper, But If your not willing to grow PROFESSIONALLY then your company is going to struggle to grow.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 03:40 PM

Pesky, I don't go out of my way to make the animals comfortable; they just get lucky when they're caught by me. You can see why on page 30 of the Nov/Dec 2011 issue of WCT. Does your son wear any type of uniform when he works for his company?

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 05:58 PM

Paul, Pesky doesn't need to be defended. He needs to be left alone to run his business as he sees fit and so does the guy his son works for.

I was raised by a nag and was married to a nag and I know nagging when I see it and you Paul, are a nag. What you're doing to Pesky is nagging. Nothing more.

Pesky doesn't represent anyone but himself and neither do you, me, or the others.

Who elected you to represent "the industry"?

Wear uniforms? Look, uniforms are to impress the person wearing them. That's all. Customers couldn't care less how you're dressed as long as it's appropriate to the job and jeans and a tee shirt is appropriate for most work a wco will run into. In the heat, shorts and a tee shirt or even a tank top is more appropriate than any uniform.

Which one of you is going to tell Kirk DeKalb how he is hurting the industry because he doesn't wear a uniform? Go tell Jim Comstock or Steve Albano or Dave Vinke or Clint Locklear how unprofessional they are because they don't dress like you.

Tend your own garden.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: sgs
Wear uniforms? Look, uniforms are to impress the person wearing them. That's all. Customers couldn't care less how you're dressed as long as it's appropriate to the job and jeans and a tee shirt is appropriate for most work a wco will run into. In the heat, shorts and a tee shirt or even a tank top is more appropriate than any uniform.

Which one of you is going to tell Kirk DeKalb how he is hurting the industry because he doesn't wear a uniform? Go tell Jim Comstock or Steve Albano or Dave Vinke or Clint Locklear how unprofessional they are because they don't dress like you.

A knight in shining armor here to stand up for peskys honor. I've only had the pleasure to meet 3 of the men you mentioned and everytime they have been wearing a logo shirt. I would be willing to bet that most full time NWCO's wear some sort of uniform when they are in the public eye. Do I think Pesky looking like a vagabond hurts my image? NO. But I do believe that the videos he puts on the internet hurts public perception of our industry. Not to mention all of the false information he posts on this forum. He fits right in with the turtleman and billy.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 07:25 PM

Will just take a moment of this thread to pass on two things I heard back more than a decade or so ago that have stuck with me.
These were actually from folks who were primarily fur trappers not ADC or NWCO types.

Here they are -

1) "Do No Harm" - This one is pretty simple, if you can't improve something at least try not to harm it by your actions. This can be
policy, industry, image, take it any way you would like.

2) "Always imagine someone is video taping or photographing what you are doing." - This one really hits home with how many folks
are using youtube, facebook, websites, forums and other places to document what they want the world to see. If
those things cause policy changes (and we all know they do and even recently in NV and other places have caused
major problems even when not intended as they were taken), laws to be created and impacts to your "fellow" business
owners, you'd think folks might hold back a bit.

I was taught a long time ago that just because you see something one way, doesn't mean another person will see things that way. Especially
when it is photo, video, forum chat, etc... that can be way out of context and can include things that cause even a minority of people to go
and push for new laws and regulations because they are offended.

We all know people who only hire a professional wildlife company because they can't stand the thought of harming the animal themselves.
This is probably one of the greatest reasons many people do call. Then they look online and see pictures and video all of which DO COME UP
ON GOOGLE SEARCHES EVERY SINGLE DAY ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!!

And they think, thats awful! Why aren't we stopping these folks from doing this, they obviously aren't professional.

I do subscribe to most of what has been said by those looking for a professional image on this thread, that doesn't mean I think you can't be
a pro without a uniform, or can't be a pro if you don't drive a certain year vehicle, etc....

But when it comes to how our industry is viewed, don't ever get twisted in your mind that these things don't matter over all and that we would
have far more industry respect if people would stop having a ME view and start having an US view.

That old statement "it is difficult to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys" is not really off the mark. Try selling yourself as
part of a professional group when the folks you are talking to just saw the "other" example a week ago doing something that looks like it belongs
on A&E or Animal Planet.

All I can finish with is while I agree, to each his own, if you put your "wares" on this site and brag about them, don't expect folks who want the
industry to be professional to not snipe you, it should happen by those who care.

Most only care about themselves and their own bottom line and we can clearly see them through their words.

To each his own, just works till the state decides that the "public resource" is not being managed properly or by the right people and then its all
over.

Back in the day we didn't have instant twitter, FB, internet, we only had rotary phone, nightly news and newspaper. Imagine how fast and easy
folks are sharing their "dislikes" with their favorite politicians and animal activist groups these days....

Good luck to you!

Justin

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 08:22 PM

sqs, you will never win this one. This time it is I who is defending everything you are against; inane laws, regulations, and rules, sent upon us by the big-mouthed few that saw animals under a condition that their mind didn't feel was acceptable. I used to be Pesky and I'm only trying to help him and all of us to see through different colored lenses.

Hey, maybe some of you might think that I go out of my way to criticize Pesky, but I'm also the first one to tell him that in many cases, he does great! And, besides, this whole post is about his son, not Pesky. ( And, if it were my son, don't think for a minute, that I wouldn't defend him and be just as proud as Pesky )

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 09:19 PM

Paul, I'm not looking to win anything.

Quote:
This time it is I who is defending everything you are against; inane laws, regulations, and rules, sent upon us by the big-mouthed few that saw animals under a condition that their mind didn't feel was acceptable.

Paul, making up inane rules to ward off inane rules is...well...inane. I do understand the idea that we should hide what we do so that the antis don't get their panties in a twist but neither you or me have a right to be telling others how they should be conducting their own business.

You and a very small group, have decided that you know best how all of us should conduct our business (right down to how we should dress) and anyone who has different ideas on how they will run their business is subject to nagging, criticism and ridicule by the few. You are in the minority. A very small minority. Most wco's ignore this type of bs and just go about their jobs as if the holier than thou crowd doesn't exist, because frankly, for 99% of the wco's in this country, you don't exist.

You're not protecting the industry, you're not advancing the industry, you're not representing the industry. You're meddling where you are not welcome and that is in how another man conducts his own business.

Like I said before, tend your own garden.

trapper4hire, did you meet these guys out on a job site? I haven't met any of them but I have seen many of their videos and never have I seen any of them wearing a uniform.

Now we might have a problem of definition here. If you consider a t-shirt with a logo a uniform, that's just fine. I still don't think it's necessary but for anyone interested in doing it, great. As a matter of fact, if anyone wants to wear a real uniform, that's fine too. What I have a problem with is people who think they are somehow superior to others in their trade and who think they have a right to stick their nose into and criticize how another man conducts his own business.

Pesky dresses like a vagabond? Get off your high horse.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 10:03 PM

Like I said sqs, you are never going to win this one. This is not about a dress code. I personally don't follow one. I asked Pesky about his son for my own understanding. Just like you and many others on this site, I have a feeling of admiration for what Pesky is doing for and with his family on an everyday occasion. Pesky seems to have a real talent for a lot a different things. If you think that I would spend this much time criticizing a guy in another state just for the fun of it, then you don't know me ( or the rest of us ) very well.

There is a distinct difference from trying to improve someone's business than trying to look like some kind of big shot. Like I said before, I used to be Pesky and being somewhat older than he is, the change ain't easy. You can either go down flaunting your own way of doing things or you can learn to cope and be a help to future generations. And I believe that we are all tending our garden as much as possible.

P.S. If you think that I don't understand your fight for the underdog, you would be wrong again.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 10:21 PM

Of the 5 men you mentioned only 2 have videos that I'm aware of locklear and dekalb(if the others do I'd love to see them as well). I have 4 of clints vids and 1 of dekalbs, all of them take place in either texas brush country or southern swamps, the APROPRIATE atire for this type of trapping is a little different than when your knocking on Joe Homeowners doors, introducing yourself as a PROFFESIONAL. So the 2 are not related.

The Shirt issue is actually minor to me. And actually I agree whole heartedly with you, NONE of us should be able to tell another man how to run his business. And appearing more professional gives me an advantage over anyone foolish enough to not dress the part. If you look earlier in the thread Pesky brought up "FANCY" shirts. My original reply was merely to point out that they are not expensive. You took it from there. And yes I think it is outrageous to let your crack hang out or your belly or what ever when you are working as a proffesional at someones house.

My real frustration with Pesky is in his posting of pure falseness, and his recent posting videos of animals being TOSSED!

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/18/12 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: HD_Wildlife
Will just take a moment of this thread to pass on two things I heard back more than a decade or so ago that have stuck with me.
These were actually from folks who were primarily fur trappers not ADC or NWCO types.

Here they are -

1) "Do No Harm" - This one is pretty simple, if you can't improve something at least try not to harm it by your actions. This can be
policy, industry, image, take it any way you would like.

2) "Always imagine someone is video taping or photographing what you are doing." - This one really hits home with how many folks
are using youtube, facebook, websites, forums and other places to document what they want the world to see. If
those things cause policy changes (and we all know they do and even recently in NV and other places have caused
major problems even when not intended as they were taken), laws to be created and impacts to your "fellow" business
owners, you'd think folks might hold back a bit.

I was taught a long time ago that just because you see something one way, doesn't mean another person will see things that way. Especially
when it is photo, video, forum chat, etc... that can be way out of context and can include things that cause even a minority of people to go
and push for new laws and regulations because they are offended.

We all know people who only hire a professional wildlife company because they can't stand the thought of harming the animal themselves.
This is probably one of the greatest reasons many people do call. Then they look online and see pictures and video all of which DO COME UP
ON GOOGLE SEARCHES EVERY SINGLE DAY ALL AROUND THE WORLD!!!

And they think, thats awful! Why aren't we stopping these folks from doing this, they obviously aren't professional.

I do subscribe to most of what has been said by those looking for a professional image on this thread, that doesn't mean I think you can't be
a pro without a uniform, or can't be a pro if you don't drive a certain year vehicle, etc....

But when it comes to how our industry is viewed, don't ever get twisted in your mind that these things don't matter over all and that we would
have far more industry respect if people would stop having a ME view and start having an US view.

That old statement "it is difficult to soar with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys" is not really off the mark. Try selling yourself as
part of a professional group when the folks you are talking to just saw the "other" example a week ago doing something that looks like it belongs
on A&E or Animal Planet.

All I can finish with is while I agree, to each his own, if you put your "wares" on this site and brag about them, don't expect folks who want the
industry to be professional to not snipe you, it should happen by those who care.

Most only care about themselves and their own bottom line and we can clearly see them through their words.

To each his own, just works till the state decides that the "public resource" is not being managed properly or by the right people and then its all
over.

Back in the day we didn't have instant twitter, FB, internet, we only had rotary phone, nightly news and newspaper. Imagine how fast and easy
folks are sharing their "dislikes" with their favorite politicians and animal activist groups these days....

Good luck to you!

Justin

well said

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 01:19 AM

You never get a second chance, to make a first impression !
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: sgs

Tend your own garden.

I will....
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 05:16 AM

knew I wasnt the only one that dislikes his styles....... everyone jumped on me like I was made of 100 dollar bills. some people just dont know better, or dont care.
Posted By: Kermit

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 11:51 AM

Then you haven't bought much in the way of flowers ,chocolate or wine.So yes LT you can make a first impression a second time.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 01:32 PM

One of the actual rights we have here in America is the right to free speech. Every person reading these posts have the right to comment on them, and say what they believe to be correct. They can tell anyone how they should dress, how they should act, what is right and what is wrong. However, there is nothing anywhere that says other readers must do as they say.

Years ago I heard this definition I've paraphrased by a Chief Justice (I don't remember who unfortunately) that sums this up quite nicely. "Your right to freedom of speech ends at the tip of my nose."

I for one would rather be given the choice of making a change rather than having it forced upon me. I may not like the change; however, I'd rather decide to give a little instead of loosing everything. For example, I'd rather agree to use a certain size foothold trap than to not be allowed to trap. This approach allows me to still trap while I try to change the foothold size restriction. Basically, this is what is being discussed in this thread.

Tending your garden means looking after it and if your neighbor is doing something that may effect your garden, then it becomes your responsibility to say something to them. Whether or not they accept your advice, is a totally different item. If you don't say anything then you have nobody but yourself to blame for what happens. For another example, look at the Ohio Senate and the bill they are looking at for wildlife control.

This bill was originally introduced into the House of Representatives by 5 or 6 individuals with a lobbyist out of the 800+ licensed individuals for performing wildlife control work. If everyone decided to focus on themselves, it would have been passed and any private company in Ohio that performed work to exclude, catch, or repair wildlife damage to a structure would of have to pass a test, license their business for $100 plus test and license those that did the work for $15 each, plus purchase a hunting license, trapping license, fishing license, AND still follow the nuisance regulations we currently have. Why? Because this group of individuals decided wildlife control wasn't being done in a professional manner and this would be the stepping stone to making it professional.

Instead, the Ohio Wildlife Control Operators held a meeting and invited all licensed individuals for the state to participate and give their input. This input was then used to restructure the bill so that now the fee is only $40, no fee is required for individuals performing the work but they still must pass a test, no hunting/trapping/fishing license is required, and a new set of regulations will be created to govern this license when the Senate approves it. None of this means that I approve 100% of what the Senate is looking at, but again I feel much better knowing I at least had an opportunity to have my say.

Sadly, that is an opportunity that not all operators have been given.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Kermit
Then you haven't bought much in the way of flowers ,chocolate or wine.So yes LT you can make a first impression a second time.

Son, if I had back the money I spent trying to get women to forgive me or except me, I would NEVER have to work again !

Pesky, better dmed than forgotten !

Regardless of what is said, you are the talk of the hour and a household name...people know about Pesky.

No such thing as Bad Press !

I get PM's and phone calls daily asking me questions...

"Did you see what Pesky..., Oh, Pesky..., Oh no he didn't..."

Top ADC forum topic....not many can claim that spot days running.

Pesky, maybe they will put you on that show "Celebrity Make Over"...

But then, you won't be happy...you are who you are...and you're happy with that, so that's what matters most, to you anyway.

Don't hate Pesky, because he's beautiful... grin

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 06:28 PM

LT, that's one thing I can honestly say, there has never been any hate or venom in anything I've ever said to Pesky and I think he knows it.

Eric really summed up the situation extremely well in his post. ( That's probably why I work for him instead of vise versa )

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/19/12 11:38 PM

820 views......do your turtleman cry Pesky, do your turtleman cry... laugh

aileeleeleeeleeeleeleeeeleeee.... grin

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: LT GREY
820 views......do your turtleman cry Pesky, do your turtleman cry... laugh

aileeleeleeeleeeleeleeeeleeee.... grin

LMAO
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 11:25 AM

Everytime You Point Your Finger At Someone, There Are Three Pointing Back At You

There's Two sides to EVERY COIN... but this whole Threadline Exemplifies why so many of Us longtimers on Tman have chosen to quit posting.

Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 12:24 PM

X2 Scott !
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 04:02 PM

Pesky think of PT Barnum - "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name right!"

mikeD
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

... but this whole Threadline Exemplifies why so many of Us longtimers on Tman have chosen to quit posting.

Well said Scott, well said.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeTraps2
Pesky think of PT Barnum - "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they spell my name right!"

mikeD

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/20/12 09:00 PM

Since I started this thread, I am the one who should take all the blame! I've had threads deleted (some rightfully so and others, well, maybe not so much) The important things is that Pesky, sqs, LT, Rick, Dave, trapper4hire, Eric, Minnesota Scott and on and on, can express their opinions and at least for the most part, everyone can decide how they feel.

Now I know that they're are many of you who have become lurkers because you say one wrong word on here and everybody seems to jump down your throat. ( Okay, I admit it, I may have been the jumper but on many occasions, I have also been the target ) I am probably bothered by criticism more than the average guy. I usually go to sleep thinking about it. Is this a good thing? Probably so. You may learn to get your point across without stepping on so many feet. ( Well, maybe you have have, but I haven't)

All I have to say is that if Pesky can take everything that has been thrown at him and is still able to say what he has to say, shouldn't we all? I will never quit criticizing Pesky for anything unprofessional, nor will I stop complimenting him on the many things I admire about him. ( And this is only because all of you will do the same to me. Just spell my name right! )

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/21/12 01:24 AM

Quote:
I will never quit criticizing Pesky for anything unprofessional, nor will I stop complimenting him on the many things I admire about him.

Learning is a struggle for many (including myself). Observing the culture of Americans it can be observed that it is the struggle that makes us great.

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/21/12 01:36 AM

This was the perfect thread Pesky and everyone got to learn how to be more professional and the professionals learned to be more empathetic and professional in their counseling. win win
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/21/12 02:31 AM

Excellent posts, Eric and Mofarmboy. It can be argued that, while grotesque to some, a dead deer hanging off a bumper or whatever is already dead and unable to experience pain and stress.
Those folks in WC who don't care about their image with the country club set will have to subsist on the crumbs from those who do care.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Pesky & Son Started This - 08/21/12 02:52 AM

And kudos to you as well, Wink. I know you as one of the lions of our industry - always willing to learn, always willing to teach.
The part I don't get (still) is how you can carry a skunk (or a boar coon or g-hog, for that matter) around in your van without spending half the day gagging, 'cuz around here - animals stink!
But it is mighty nice of you to share your A/C with 'em. A coupla times this summer I would've gone into one of your traps in order to ride in air conditioning!
As for Pesky: he's obviously a PeTA or ALF employee planted as a WCO who was told "Put some video online that portrays WCO's as idiot rednecks." Did you think he makes a living doing things like this?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums