Home

Nice double catch on chipmunks

Posted By: Peskycritter

Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/11/12 07:39 AM

This set just works for me . No bait needed . When I here them chipmunks rattling the gutter down spout i can place a AES excluder trap over the down spout . You need to add some blocker and that's it . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAxiR2UZypc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/11/12 11:47 AM

Are you getting structural inhabitation from the chipmunks up in MI or just gutter access.Never have seen that in these parts yet.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/11/12 07:02 PM

Yes they like attics but mostly basements . They build these toilets on top of the sill plate . These toilets can be a 3" tall and built like a ice cream cone . Chipmunk damage was the first major damage that seen as a kid . My Aunt and uncle where snow birds , one winter after returning from the winter home in Texas . They came home to a flood. The chipmunks had chewed there electric wires and that broke the breaker on the heat . No heat made there pipes freeze and bust . This house was a double wide moble home place right on travers bay just north of north port . That's the northern lower Michigan . So what I'm saying it gets very cold there and moble home floors dont hold up to water at all . There was 20,000 in damage done and that was a lot of money back then . After that my uncle went to war on them chipmunks . He bought a 22 rim fire scoped in and traps of all kinds . Seeing he had never hunted or anything like that it was funny to watch him seek his revenge . this house in the video did not have any chipmunks in the house as they where over taking the landscape . Basically I came around the side of the home and herd the down spout rattling so I thought I got just the right trap for that . If the chipmunks where in the attic the set would have worked as well
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/11/12 11:36 PM

Bob, I can only remember one family being raised in the walls of a house. ( Very early litter also ) But it is not unusual for winter vacationers to come home to chipmunks in the living room, etc. over winter. We have taken many out of window sill walls and I do believe that they are getting more comfortable in buildings.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/12/12 12:46 AM

I have only seen one case of chipmunks along a sill plate wall of a poured wall basement. Most all of our chippys still live in the mulch and landscape areas for all the years I have worked with them. I did see one climbing around a gable vent on an old brick house one time in my life at the second story level.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Nice double catch on chipmunks - 08/12/12 01:17 AM

Bob, do you catch any on roof traps set for squirrels? This is sort of normal for us. As I said before, as I get older, I like chipmunk trapping more and more. They're just the right size!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums