Home

bat exclusion?

Posted By: iayogi17

bat exclusion? - 08/06/12 03:54 PM

How concerned should I be about bats using this area (the pick) of a metal roof which is laid over an old roof?

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/06/12 04:12 PM

If there is a gap, they will find it.

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/06/12 05:00 PM

that what I was thinking thanks
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/06/12 11:41 PM

Some good roofers put the foam inserts into the void areas, others do not.You need to inspect each vented side by crawling across the ridge and examining them individually very well to determine the possibility of access and do a watch to determine any exiting of the bats from these areas.

Cobra vent pieces cut to size will seal these open vented areas nicely then sealed into position with some silicone.You also need to inspect the end runs also on the rake sides to see if these ends are sealed.

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/07/12 12:50 PM

I climbed up there an had a look-see, there is some foam inserts in part and others are missing. the ends need a lil help too.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/08/12 12:29 PM

If it was recently roofed, I'd ask the roofer for pcs to replace the missing and go from there.

It worked for me!
Posted By: Indiana_Red

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/08/12 03:59 PM

I do roofing for a living and there should of been foam inserts put in the whole length of the ridge cap. Also has to have it in the ends of the runs or critters will find away in. I would ask the contractor to come back out and fix the problem
Posted By: Vinke

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/10/12 05:45 AM

pull all the foam,,,,,, it is "chewable"............

There is one manufacture that makes bat proof venting ridge closure material molded specifically for all the different profiles of metal roof panels manufactured,,,,,, PM me if you want the contact info

Re: bat exclusion? - 08/12/12 01:02 AM

I can say one thing if all roofers did a great job reroofing I'd have way less bat work
© 2024 Trapperman Forums