Home

After 10 years as a pro it finally happened.....

Posted By: trapper4hire

After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 03:38 PM

Finally got nailed by a skunk. direct shot to the face i could feel it hitting me, I had mustard all over my chest and shoulder... not good.
Posted By: dew

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 03:45 PM

LOL. with in 20+ years I have got hit 3 times 2 in the same week . so don't feel it happens.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 04:39 PM

Yep I got it in the EYE! It was all my fault
Posted By: Jeff

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 04:41 PM

Did something not go right with the skunk? Was it startled or something?

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 05:05 PM

Home owner caught a juvee skunk in his own trap in the basement. I managed to carry the trap out of the house with no probs. all was going well.....as i was withdrawing the syrenge it freaked out swung around and drilled me in about a nano second. then fell over dead.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 06:13 PM

LOL T4H, Did it flip you off too?
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 07:00 PM

That's why it's better to just grab them by the tail . Skunk can't spray ya if you ave them by the tail . I had one spray in my trap after I ran it around into it down in this lady's basement . After that I just grab there tail and hold them up by it . Just let them dangle and have my trap waiting outside . It's good it just sprayed you and not in the house . That a simple vinager shower .
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 08:04 PM

Well it's about time that all of you " I've never been really sprayed by a skunk" got baptized! You know that old "pick 'em up by the tail" Pesky, has got sprayed more times than any of us. He's got different types of showers for each particular smell!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 09:51 PM

After a few times, the olfactory fatigue sets in..and they stop spraying when you pick em up.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/04/12 09:55 PM

Wink, you know Pesky wouldn't say anything that isn't backed up by solid, scientific research!

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/05/12 02:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Wink, you know Pesky wouldn't say anything that isn't backed up by solid, scientific research!

I've picked them up by the tail a couple of times, wont do it again, the last blasted offlike crazy, thank goodness it was away from me and the wind was in my favor.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/05/12 11:48 PM

I've lost count, just this year alone....but then, I trap a lot of skunks...
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/06/12 01:00 AM

Still pending! laugh
Posted By: Probtrapper

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/06/12 05:06 AM

It seems that every time I grab a skunk up by the tail, a small colony of bats flys
into my wifes hair and that same day I catch the engeneer of the beaver job I'm working on and ....ta-da the dam building sunddenly just stops!!! REALLY????
Bob
Posted By: BUD25

Re: After 10 years as a pro it finally happened..... - 08/07/12 04:10 AM

lol.... makes for a good day.... last year I got a lot of funny faces from the neighbors as I was taking a shower with the garden hose in the driveway in my scivies... now if I can only have a hot water heater installed for the outside water.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums