Home

You Homies Will Love This

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

You Homies Will Love This - 07/28/12 10:37 PM

I know one or more of you will have the answer; Which vehicle gets the award for having the most parts made and assembled in the good old USA?
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/28/12 11:01 PM

Toyota

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/28/12 11:25 PM

Hooray, we already have a winner! The Camry to be exact. And here I was apologizing for my wife's Sienna. She's more American than you Chevy owners.
Posted By: yoteguts

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/28/12 11:26 PM

Sad but true.I think The truck I have now will be my last chevy.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 12:06 AM

I'm actually considering a Tyota Tacoma for my new service truck. Let's see $24K(used) for 60 months it will only cost me $13.33 a day. See anything can be divided up enough to look insignificant. grin
Posted By: garys

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 01:15 PM

That is only $.55/hour or less than a $.01 a minute.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 08:27 PM

You won't be disappointed!

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 10:16 PM

Okay guys, let's not go crazy here! After the Toyota Camry comes the Ford F150. ( Can you tell I own one? )
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 10:46 PM

My Tundra is a gas hog. But the 8 cup holders and 6 power outlets more than makes up for it.

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/29/12 10:52 PM

Nate, I'll brag about my 26 MPG in my Transit Connect but you will not hear a word of gas mileage praise for the F150 which costs a little over $100.00 to fill.
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/30/12 12:20 AM

We like our tacomas smile

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/30/12 12:28 AM

Nic that picture with the contractors top on the extended cab is what I have in mind. I just wish the truck manufacturers would build a LONG bed extra cab small truck. Instead they've gone the other way, No more Rangers or Dakotas at all, both have been discontinued.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/30/12 01:14 AM

I have always preferred the Regular Cab Long Bed Tundra over the Tacoma. The Tundra has an eight-foot bed as opposed to the six-foot bed of the current Tacoma.
http://www.toyota.com/tundra/specs.html Mileage has always averaged right at 20 MPG for the six cylinder Tacoma in this area. Maintenance costs have been very limited; tires, 5,000 mile oil changes, and new brakes at about 200,000 miles.

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 07/30/12 01:07 PM

Originally Posted By: garys
That is only $.55/hour or less than a $.01 a minute.

That's if you work 24 hours a day. Oh, wait, I already do that. grin
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 08/04/12 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
for 60 months

That's the only problem with this investment, since insurance won't normally pay it off if totaled after 3 3/4 to 4 yrs into the loan, due to depreciation.

4 yrs is the max to finance to avoid this possibility, even then, we'd owe a couple payments.

I've always saved up to make a bigger down payment to get the loan down to 3 yrs.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 08/04/12 10:01 PM

No more Rangers or Dakotas at all, both have been discontinued.[/quote]
What the (heck)??!! Some of us kinda like little trucks (after using a long-bed, extended-cab Silverado, the Ranger is like a go-kart!)..like Dave's "one-wheel-drive Ranger"!

Re: You Homies Will Love This - 08/06/12 02:24 AM

You remember my one wheeler Ranger? 205K and still going strong, I even put her on permanent registration.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums