Home

Ever had this happen to you?

Posted By: beaversnagger

Ever had this happen to you? - 07/16/12 05:24 PM

Got callef to residence were gentleman was growing sweet corn. Racoons found it he called I showed up put out some cage traps . Got onr first night came back to reset for second night find property owner spreading dozens of fresh cleaned bluegills threw out his corn. He figures they'll eat the fish instead. I comented that will just draw in morw critters and more than just coon. I wad right.got two skunks in my cages and coon got more corn. Lol.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Ever had this happen to you? - 07/16/12 05:55 PM

Don't you just love those little helpers.
Posted By: beaversnagger

Re: Ever had this happen to you? - 07/16/12 06:14 PM

Something like that...well atleast I get double the money for a skunk
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Ever had this happen to you? - 07/17/12 12:22 AM

Yeah..probably got that tip off an HSUS website. That sounds like the kind of thing they'd tell people.
Posted By: Muddawg

Re: Ever had this happen to you? - 07/18/12 10:52 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how little people know about wild life. Even those who you would expect to know something about critters, like veterinarians and their assistants.

Had one vet assistant that I was talking with about coyotes. Her advice, "Just feed them and they'll leave the cows alone." smirk The trouble with her making this comment was that she was dead serious!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Ever had this happen to you? - 07/18/12 02:22 PM

One of the things I'm constantly telling my customers is that any animal will return to get free food! The tougher and more aggressive ones (bears, coons) will get downright nasty if you try to keep them from THEIR food.
Lesson: CUT OFF THE FREE FOOD!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums