Home

sick coon

Posted By: wacotrapr

sick coon - 07/06/12 06:55 PM

today i got a call to catch a sick coon. this raccoon stunk like death and had green pus in its eyes . its feet and nose had scabs. can anyone tell me what this would be?
Posted By: WTWC

Re: sick coon - 07/06/12 07:55 PM

Conjunctivitis is one of the first symptoms of distemper. Who knows though, a lot of symptoms for distemper and rabies look similar. I just dropped off a coon with the health department last week that looked like Cujo for rabies testing and had one that ended up being distemper two weeks prior. Both frothing at the mouth and with strange scabs.
Posted By: G Hanold

Re: sick coon - 07/07/12 04:06 PM

Getting a lot of calls this year about coons with distemper symptoms. All have been the "you mean this isn't free" type of calls though.
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: sick coon - 07/07/12 04:24 PM

Last night's email from one of my Indiana clients

".....the heat is bad up here..had 104 for the temp today..coons are not lasting to long..attic cleanouts are really bad.."
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: sick coon - 07/11/12 03:55 AM

911 call:

I got this sick fox with no fur just looking at me just 15 feet away. I got a cat. With all the horror stories I been hearing on the TV, someone should come out here and do something about this.

911 gave him my number.

He was a nice elderly gentleman, who had a lot of preconceived notions. After 15 minutes on the phone, I was able to glide him to a soft landing.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums