Home

When Duty Calls!!

Posted By: Trapper Jon

When Duty Calls!! - 06/28/12 12:51 PM

I was just asked by the County Animal control for a favor. Seems there has been a cat in a tree for three days. No other animal control agency would touch. They called one ADC guy in this area and he wanted $100.00. Then he was snotty to them when they said they would get back to him.
The first thing I thought of is I just got a good reference from the Animal Control. And put trappers in a good light.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/28/12 01:32 PM

When I read the title I thought you were referring to finding a bathroom while on the job. grin Cats will come down on their own when they get hungry,thirsty, cold, tired and hoarse. How many dead cats have you seen in a tree?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/28/12 10:20 PM

Likely some homeowner is having fit's over the poor kitty stuck in a tree, and County just got tired of the phone calls.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
When I read the title I thought you were referring to finding a bathroom while on the job. grin Cats will come down on their own when they get hungry,thirsty, cold, tired and hoarse. How many dead cats have you seen in a tree?

Well for one thing thats where a van comes in handy, I learned the jug trick in a bass boat along time ago. Agree on the dead cat thing LOL I would not start my truck for 100 dollar bill and a cat Id rather deal with PO'd badger .
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 01:36 AM

A hundred dollars in this day and age is the new twenty dollars. Ask a teenager.
Posted By: sgs

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 01:41 AM

Quote:
How many dead cats have you seen in a tree?

It's how many you see under the tree that counts. wink
Posted By: sgs

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 01:44 AM

Quote:
The first thing I thought of is I just got a good reference from the Animal Control. And put trappers in a good light.

Good PR is a wonderful thing.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: sgs
Quote:

Good PR is a wonderful thing.

I hope you like saving baby -birds, coons, squirrels, deer, owls, and mice LOL you start doing "save em" calls you will be busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest !!!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 03:24 AM

Yeah, but who wants a hungry, thirsty, cold, tired and hoarse cat...or a cat in any shape, for that matter?
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 06/29/12 03:50 AM

What the heck ,and in Michigan ,I'll have to put them ramming bumpers back on . That's ok I just want to slap them crying people when there's a cat in a tree . Even if the cat did fall it would just bounce . You would think it was some china doll up there . If I never got another cat job again it wouldnt bother me one bit .
Posted By: ELMER

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 07/01/12 11:59 PM

i tell people.........YA NEVER SAW A CAT SKELITEN IN A TREE HAVE YOU........:)
Posted By: Trapper Jon

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 07/03/12 11:59 AM

I can see I am going to get kicke, and beaten for this. But what ever, I was payed for my time, got some good PR, did what I believed to be right, and educated some ladies that beleived animal ADC guy to be without compassion.

Jon
Posted By: Muddawg

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 07/03/12 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 1st RiverRat
I hope you like saving baby -birds, coons, squirrels, deer, owls, and mice LOL you start doing "save em" calls you will be busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest !!!

I wouldn't mind them "save 'em" calls at all, if they pay me. grin
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: When Duty Calls!! - 07/03/12 11:29 PM

What Muddawg said: You try to eddicate them, but if they're willing to pay, well: "no guarantee, and you will be charged regardless of the outcome."
© 2024 Trapperman Forums