Home

? Muskrats at a small town lagoon

Posted By: iayogi17

? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 04:02 PM

I’m fairly new to this Wildlife Control Business. I’ll been doing smaller jobs for the last 3yrs but now I’m thinking big or at least trying and here’s the question A small town is have problem with muskrat at the town lagoon what would some of your guises contracts say and what price would you be looking at getting? Any ideas or starting point would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 05:49 PM

Does the lagoon have a fence around it . Sometimes these lagoons have a fence that does not let the muskrats migreat out which makes it a muskrat farm . I would post pic or a video showing what your dealing with . Show banks . What are feeding on . Where there climbing up . Ect . Just show it all . Can you see into the water . We use differnt traps and that all depends .
Posted By: BigBob

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 05:54 PM

Don't forget it's a lagoon, handling Rats and wading around in, well, you know, can be a health hazard.
Posted By: dspree

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 06:29 PM

I trapped a city lagoon this last year with pretty good results. I used colony traps where I could see their runs.There was a fence that went around the whole property and we found they were coming up the pipe that drained into the river.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BigBob
Don't forget it's a lagoon, handling Rats and wading around in, well, you know, can be a health hazard.

I remember that Brooks girl in the movie Blue Lagoon. Is that the health hazard you're referring to? grin
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/14/12 08:38 PM

I now I will never wear shorts and shoes trapping a beaver pond . I got this beaver rot on my feet that I called it . But really swimmers itch . That stuff took a good week of treatment to get rid of . I would post pic but will spare you all
Posted By: G Hanold

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/15/12 10:50 AM

I'd suggest Hepatitis vaccination and add that to the bill. Huge health issues dealing with lagoons. I've dealt with a company that services the grinder pumps. I'd also suggest not chewing your nails on the job.
Posted By: iayogi17

Re: ? Muskrats at a small town lagoon - 06/15/12 12:47 PM

sorry no pics and the fence around it is just live stock fence
© 2024 Trapperman Forums