Home

Bait for baby rabbits

Posted By: outdoorsman780

Bait for baby rabbits - 06/14/12 12:31 PM

I got several baby rabbit(and momma) living under a shed right beside my garden. I would like to live trap them, and relocate, before they help themselves to my plants. I have a variety of box traps. My question is what do I use for a bait or lure???
Posted By: Piņa colada

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/27/12 09:12 PM

I think there is a bait you can buy online but you'll have to look hard. Try corn, or carrots, ot a half of iceberg lettuce.
Posted By: Baxter

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 02:28 AM

Positive set them. No bait needed.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Baxter
Positive set them. No bait needed.

Or bodygrippers or lead
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 06:58 AM

Theres really no point to trapping them rabbits . What ever them rabbits liked about your shead will sure just draw more rabbits . What you need is a exclusion done on your shed . Most likely for 50 bucks worth of 1/2" hardware cloth you'll never have a problem with that shed . Your lucky it's not a ground hog , I went to water my garden last night and a ground hog had taken out about 30 bean plants . Also ten cucumber plants . Half of my one zucchini plant . Got all my lettuce bed all in one day , that's just wrong on so many levels . Yep you got he's under the shed . He didn't come out today .. Just bury the wire down 6" and then out the rest of the way .like in a L shape . Use pipe strap and screws to hold the top of the wire to the shed . To get them out just leave the area uncovered where there hole is . This will act like a one way door as they crawl out under the wire . They will just move on and find some cover . The next animal you get might just be a ground hog . The one I got is just luck he didn't go for my strawberrys

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 08:57 AM

You don't want to kill a baby rabbit. It's just fuel for the antis. Besides, they'd be a whole lot happier somewhere where the house cats can't get em.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 02:28 PM

Strawberry tops....they don't last very long but work well.
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 02:40 PM

Them rabbits......?
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Piņa colada
You don't want to kill a baby rabbit. It's just fuel for the antis. Besides, they'd be a whole lot happier somewhere where the house cats can't get em.

Tell me what cant the antis use as fuel, I have worked for folks that dont want wasp killed. Yes I agree move them where no house cats can get them only feral cats and wild foxes and coytotes LOL
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 08:06 PM

Baby carrots is what we use for baby wabbits.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 08:21 PM

You silly wabbit............ You have that string attached wrong. You need to tie it off to the bottom of the trigger release stick.
We use to use old truck beds turned upside down with a broomstick handle,that way you get the whole family at one time. 4 lawn chairs and a case of bud and you are in business.

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 09:08 PM

Ahrgg, you caught me posting a bogus trap. So the fix for the OP problem is what? I don't have a fix.

By the way, the proper term is "wabbit."
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/29/12 10:27 PM

What the heck Phil what a rookie mistake there , you know the string goes on the bottom . If the wabbit starts to go in the box the wind could move the string some and spook the cute little bunny wabbits . not to mention the box is going to move like a foot when fired . Must be the heat wave I know your a pro at this

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 12:56 AM

Go away all of you annoying people. Unless you have a solution for the OP's problem.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 10:50 AM

Weah'r a wabbit suit and way- woe ...sneak up on em ...Wascowy wabbits!

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

And be wery-wery quiet.

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Phil Nichols
Originally Posted By: 330-Trapper

And be wery-wery quiet.

Its vewy-vewy quiet.
Posted By: coonlove

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 06:39 PM

Posted By: Fudd

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 06/30/12 09:24 PM

Why is wevry body picking won me?
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 07/01/12 02:00 AM

laugh

Re: Bait for baby rabbits - 07/01/12 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Fudd
Why is wevry body picking won me?

Because your are an easy target - your name is Fudd, you are from MO, and you don't know how to spel.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums