Home

Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube

Posted By: Peskycritter

Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/08/12 11:36 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnU4kka2g_I&feature=youtube_gdata_player ok let's see your crayfish sets .heres mine
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 12:03 AM

got to hand it to you. thats pretty cool getting hired to catch crayfish.... post capture pics?
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 01:11 AM

Cool !!

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 01:15 AM

To be honest with you bud that's my first crayfish setup . Not really sure if it's crayfish . That's what it looks to me . Using the Steve's because thats the only trap that looks close to working on the truck .
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 01:53 PM

I've dug them out...which is a chore !

Another trick... if you can see them...is to use a TOMCAT glue trap, cut into 1" wide strips and folded over and tied to a long stick, so the sticky part is exposed on both sides.

When you can see the pinchers just down in the hole, you move very slowly and 'tease' the crawdad with a small twig, getting it to 'pinch' the twig...once you've got it trying to grab the twig,
you then insert the glue strip and let it grab that...once stuck, it will grab with the other pincher, getting stuck even more.
You then , 'fish' it out.

Do NOT remove the plastic cover until you get the 'trap' made...or you'll regret it !

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 02:09 PM

The water comes way up in the hole and starts about 2" down .lady said she has had that problem for two years . The whole neighbor hood knows about and have there own idea what it is . The pressure is on .
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 04:51 PM

Run a mechanical snake down there, like a plumber uses...problem solved ! eek

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/09/12 05:02 PM

Solving the problem is not why I have Been hired . The neighbor hood wish is to see what it is . Sure the lady is tiered of these hole in her yard . She thinks its a snake . I told her snakes don't dig holes . Looks just like crayfish down on the river bank to me . the Steve's trap mite be to much power or set back to fare . I need to just head over that way . Got to go meet with the add lady first to see what she's got cooking . Wish she wasn't married . Very hard working gal ,I need one like that . Boys need a mom in there life to .

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/10/12 02:15 AM

Checked the traps . Had one trap packed with clay but did not fire . Dry land crayfish trapping . Going to have to think about this one .
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/10/12 12:06 PM

try setting steves trap upside down in the runway

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/14/12 11:29 PM

Crayfish down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVquOKNL8HU&feature=youtube_gdata_player. Just having to much fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYVmFUBEfo&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/15/12 04:32 AM

very common for more than one crayfish to inhabit tunnel system. let the tunnel sit for half hour, then fish around for the others.
I have dug hundreds of crayfish tunnels up over the years...

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/15/12 05:22 AM

There was just one . I took him down to a local marsh . Crayfish like that has my respect . I hope he breeds more just like him . I guess come fall snakes and frogs will use them holes to den up for the winter , sometimes all three will be down the same hole . Still cant see how a crayfish can dig in that clay like that . Next time I'll just go to digging .

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/15/12 05:32 AM

while digging down, did you take the time to "feel" the main tunnel? most times, it branches outwards, having multiple arm tunnels off of the main one.

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/15/12 05:37 AM

It was branches that went into one main tunnel . It started out four holes then went into one

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/15/12 01:45 PM

This is what the hole looked like bud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zv2_w2scwM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted By: bushytail

Re: Ya the crayfish jobs have started YouTube - 05/16/12 01:38 AM

"Wanna eat him" LMAO
© 2024 Trapperman Forums