Home

Glue boards and mice ???

Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 04:18 AM

I just read Stephen M.Vantassel's article on glue boards and mice. http://pescopestcontrol.com/are-glueboards-efficient-mouse-traps/ and have to say I completely disagree with the conscept. While I have had mice get off of boards especially when there was dust or dirt in the area I have also had losses with snap traps. I prefer the multi catch but used properly blind and bait/lure sets glue is an awesome product for rodents large and small. Your thoughts ??

Re: Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 04:51 AM

The idea that mice are somehow being educated by insects getting caught on the boards in my head is nuts they are nothing more than fresh bait !! I have never done a "scientific study" But I have done alot of mouse trapping and redneck testing of different baits and lures. Mice are smart but they don't read and have never been to college (then again sometimes I think the more education a person gets in this country the dumber they act and think !!)
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 11:27 AM

Most tools all have their place as do glue type traps. However I have better success with traditional snap type traps when positioned and baited with various attractants.
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 01:23 PM

I use glue in some instances but for mice I also prefer snap traps and an attractant.

Re: Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 02:56 PM

I prefer multi catch like the tin cat or the larger box repeaters due to the fact that I can stretch our my checks to once a week.
Posted By: 22mag

Re: Glue boards and mice ??? - 05/05/12 04:30 PM

Attractants besides cheese...anyone used Jamesons squirrel/rodent bait?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums