Home

Manards

Posted By: Peskycritter

Manards - 04/30/12 02:06 AM

Went there today for the first time, found things 25 to 40 % cheaper than homo depot . Manards selection on hardware cloth was poor , they do sell about everything , no fishing stuff
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: Manards - 04/30/12 09:57 PM

its Menards
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Manards - 04/30/12 11:59 PM

Nobody I know spends more money at Menards than yours truly. Their prices are ultra competitve and since they're a Wisconsin company, we've had them for a while. Like Pesky said, their price on hardware cloth sucks. Fleet and Farm is right next door and their price is about half. I have never been able to figure that out because all the rest of their prices beat the competition hollow. A good example is the 40 inch television screen that I'm writing this on right now; less than 300 bucks.
Posted By: Phil Nichols

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 01:24 AM

Us normal people have no idea what you are talking about. [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot] is MANARDS? It sounds like a word that is not PC.

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 01:39 AM

It's kinda like lowes ,and miejers and offic max and auto zone and bordines all rolled in to one . Monster store . Very nice system at the check out all nice cute young lady's. That do all the scanning for you , rest room right front I like that . I would still rather shop at mom and pop hardware but seeing there all shut down but one that's really not a option all the time seeing the only one left is 40 miles away , sure I pay a little more but it's in and out and i can order things there . This new store opened in Davison and they really needed jobs there so that's good . I know I shouldn't shop at home depot because of that whole boycot thing so Manards it is ,or lowes .
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 01:43 AM

I wish we had a Menards, dad said when he lived back in Indiana they beat Lowes and Home Despot hands down. Of course with only 83 toothless rednecks in Billings it probably wouldn't pencil out. Also I like Menards sponsering a NASCAR team, Lowes sponsers one also but I always root for the underdog.
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 02:38 AM

They are building one here now.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 03:59 AM

Supposed to be one going in here too.

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 04:19 AM

They got cute young lady's stacking lumber , my boy goes I wish I worked here . The stuff was going out the door . The place was packed , they sell pet supply's too , my son goes when the zombies come dad will just come here and board up the windows will have everything we need , I go yep and there's all the plywood will need for the windows . I guess it will take some time to get use to the place , there prices are lower
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 11:51 AM

Here's thier Jingle.... "You spend big money, you spend big Money... When you shop Menards----"

Ok,ok... theirs is really "you save big money" ... but for me the top one is how I sing it, usually belting it out in their store when the song comes over the loud speaker. lots of great looks! grin

Re: Manards - 05/01/12 09:17 PM

Scott is not wrong. I'm sure that the amount of money we spend at Menard's is more than anything, besides perhaps, petroleum products. Since I'm the guy who will drive 12 miles out of his way to save 4 cents a gallon on gas, you need to check out the nearest Menard's as soon as it is built. If you find a better deal on anything ( besides hardware cloth ) please let us know!

P.S. Their Menard's card will get you 2% back on all your purchases. I think it is in the form of a credit but you'll spend it, believe me. I am saving up their rebate cards for my own Menard's store. I'm about halfway there!

Re: Manards - 05/04/12 09:40 PM

Menards 5.99 wire reel
This is second year ginseng right ?

Re: Manards - 05/05/12 12:31 AM

Are they in PencilTucky anywhere?

Re: Manards - 05/05/12 12:54 AM

Phil, that question sent me on a very interesting trip. I was blown away by all the Menards stores that exist in the nation. Places like South & North Dakota and Wyoming. None in Pennslvania and I'm guessing there is some kind of reason for that which we are not aware of.
Posted By: conejo

Re: Manards - 05/05/12 02:09 AM

We have one in st. Joseph, MO and I hear they are going to build six in the KC Metro. I sure like them a lot better than Home Depot.
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: Manards - 05/05/12 10:55 PM

The Menards in Eau Claire is donating its retention pond to the loch ness monster sculpture that is floating around the Chippewa River.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 02:38 AM

Im glad somebody likes them, I cant stand that place. Everytime you ask someone where something is there they say its not my department and I swear if you asked everyone in the store they would say the same thing! I really dont like any of the three but if I have to go I go to Lowes. PS I think the Menards car driven by Paul Menard is the owners son or something seems I read that somewhere.
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 02:50 AM

I agree, and your right on Paul Menard and the car they had the car here for the new one they just opened, a HUGE store , they allways had a little one. They still dont know where anything is though. Home Depot is in love with rainbows so I avoid that place if possible.

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Travis Wolford
Im glad somebody likes them, I cant stand that place. Everytime you ask someone where something is there they say its not my department and I swear if you asked everyone in the store they would say the same thing! I really dont like any of the three but if I have to go I go to Lowes. PS I think the Menards car driven by Paul Menard is the owners son or something seems I read that somewhere.
I miss them mom and pop stores . I could just walk in and there it was or they would Oder it for me . I could also run off a batch of tools in my dads shop then travel around to all the small hardwares and they put them in there store on consignment . Like if I was a trap maker I could make up a truck load of traps then go from town to town and them old mom and pop stores would be happy to put them on there selfs for me . I all ways made these tool steel tipped floor scrapers that dairy farms just loved . Things change
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 03:19 AM

Yep, and for the worse if you ask me. The local hardware store used to be the place to be, you drank your coffee there every morning. Found out about all the local things, bought ammo and hunting/fishing liscense too. Anything you could ever need was right there.

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 03:23 AM

Travis, it sounds like your Menards needs retraining. The ones around here are just the opposite. When you ask a clerk where something is, they personally take you to that isle even if it's on the other side of the store. ( And even if they're busy )
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 04:58 AM

Same here,Paul. They always walk me to what I can't find on my own.

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 03:30 PM

Yes they seem to have some kind of special training when it comes to helping you find things . Even for a guy that's asking about strange things he needs . They did there best ,hog rings they said , check by the chain . I found some by fencing ,but not what I needed . I ended up placing a order online threw some bunny rabbit .com site . They sent me 200 dollar worth of rings . I'm stocked up now on c-rings

Re: Manards - 05/06/12 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Phil, that question sent me on a very interesting trip. I was blown away by all the Menards stores that exist in the nation. Places like South & North Dakota and Wyoming. None in Pennslvania and I'm guessing there is some kind of reason for that which we are not aware of.

Thanks Paul.

How about we all chip in $10 and start one here in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania?
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Manards - 05/07/12 02:20 AM

Sometimes I can tell when a big box store is undergoing or is about to have a company review. They knock themselves out to be helpful!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums