Home

credit cards- Squareup?

Posted By: Nic Pallo

credit cards- Squareup? - 04/20/12 07:28 PM

Anyone using Squareup? How do you like it/them?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/20/12 07:54 PM

Some recent info here- http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3083910/credit_cards.html#Post3083910

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/20/12 08:34 PM

cool, thanks
Posted By: warrior

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/20/12 08:48 PM

So far I am pleased.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/20/12 11:01 PM

we've had no negative issues, but they do seem to be throwing lots of updates out lately, not a big deal, but want it to work at
time of swiping.

justin
Posted By: WTWC

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/21/12 03:23 AM

Square works fine. Just didn't like having anything over 1k floating in limbo for a month. I still use square as a backup. You can see my write up on the link that Latrapper previously posted.
Posted By: BUD25

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/21/12 06:10 AM

Ive been using it for about 2 years now... works great. no monthly fees or B.S.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 01:36 PM

Thanks guys! Now, do I want to trade up my dumb phone is the question lol
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 02:53 PM

Hmmm...trade up or carry a second smart phone for pictures, video, CC processing, checking emails, TMan, listen to podcasts, checking for supplies, tracking shipments, scanning product barcodes for price comparisons, checking the weather forecast and doppler radar...aw shucks just go for it. But now you have to decide Apple vs Android!

So here we go Nic...

I use Squareup and I like the Android OS. I currently use the Samsung Infuse which is smarter than me, a little bulky but easy to use and view. I used it as a second phone for data purposes but now it's my primary phone. I have a vehicle dock for it and use a visor mounted Motorola bluetooth/hands free device when driving. The dock allows charging and connection to the stereo in case you want to listen to some of Robb's podcasts. I have used an Iphone but prefer the Android for my own reasons and I'm sure others like the Iphone better. It's kind of like Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. I will say that the Android has been easy to use and very convenient. I have my regular webmail set up to fwd to my Gmail so I can send and receive my emails in the field. It also syncs with Google calendar and if you install Any Time Deluxe Organizer 14 on your computer it will sync with the Android/Iphone as well. So when you enter contact information, schedule appointments, things to do, etc., you can sync it all and set up reminders or alarms in case you pull over to take a nap. I update my customers by text or email after each visit and attach pics if necessary. This saves a lot of time and at the end of the day I only have to bluetooth the pics to my computer as needed. I'm sure others will recommend their type of OS for their reasons as well.

Pardon me if I seemed to have hijacked the thread but they kind of go hand in hand with your question about mobile CC processing.
Posted By: wiggler

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 03:08 PM

i did a CC saturday on mine... (first one) and got the email today saying it would be in my account in 2 days. i thought it went in direct? sure is handy though. i use a Droid

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 05:28 PM

Yes, Mike it does go hand in hand with the question. Thanks for the input!!
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 06:08 PM

I forgot I actually did a podcast on this not long ago.

Former Florida franchise manager shares how to best organize routes using mobile phone apps, take credit cards and go paperless as much as you can.

Podcast About Mobile Phones & Taking Credit Cards
Posted By: Jeff

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 09:35 PM

Starting using Squareup...very pleased with it...and my son and i like it. Another tool that gives the cutomer a choice on how to pay.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/23/12 10:03 PM

Thanks Robb, I will have to give that podcast a listen!
Posted By: conejo

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/24/12 12:58 AM

I just started using the square. I don't see any way to take cc#'s over the phone (signature required) but maybe I'm doing something wrong??

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/24/12 02:38 AM

You should be able to key in the entry for an additional 1+%. Most of the swipers take a few days. Again, Square is a bit higher than the intuit GoPayment. With a monthly 12 dollars it's a whole percent less for swiped and keyed. Not that big of a difference if you aren't billing much but if you are billing more than a grand or two a month, it's a big difference. Not to mention square holds onto your cash if you charge more than 1k. They then hold that money and give it back to you over the month. So if you want them keeping that interest on your hard earned cash that's up to you. If you use quickbooks, GoPayment is integrated with it.
Just about the same simple interface. Map with a cute pin showing where you swiped the card. Same free swiper. If you don't want to pay the 12 monthly for the lower rate, it's still the same rate as square if you don't. Without the loss of anything over 1k. Intuit gives you your money in a day or so. At least for me it's always within a day or two. Same as square.

Supports Droid and Iphone/Ipad.

I'm 100% paperless now and loving it. No more buying carbonless copies. No more human error and math errors. Keeping it simple.
Posted By: bushytail

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/24/12 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: conejo
I just started using the square. I don't see any way to take cc#'s over the phone (signature required) but maybe I'm doing something wrong??

You sign "phone auth" or "pre auth"
Posted By: conejo

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/24/12 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: bushytail
Originally Posted By: conejo

You sign "phone auth" or "pre auth"

Thanks, makes sense, I just knew I wasn't going to sign it for them.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/24/12 11:51 AM

Podcast About Mobile Phones & Taking Credit Cards

I up dated this to reflect the content that was shared before the podcast by Anthony Del Campo on http://thewildlifepro.net/forum/topics/taking-your-office-on-the-road . How to go mobile and go green including the apps he uses how he prints, communicates etc.

" Being Mobile is a very important task to master in today’s world of doing business. More and more of our customers and staff are becoming tech savvy. With gadgets becoming smaller and easier to use there is no excuse for not having some sort of mobile solution to keep you in the loop and in touch with all your business needs while on the road. Being in the service industry my office is my pickup truck. I am always on the go, so mastering the art of mobile technology to make things easier is a necessary task. All business activities from such as receiving service request to updating our companies website is easily done while on the road." -Anthony Del Campo West Palm Beach Florida

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 01:49 AM

There's PayPal Mobile and PayAnywhere as well and I'm sure there are others and even more on the horizon. I agree with Jerry that if you do a considerable amount of CC transactions then you should consider Intuit and Quickbooks. Even though I don't like the sunset clause with Intuit and don't feel that I should have to upgrade every 3 years in order to have support I will probably be switching to QB Pro this year. I currently use Quicken Home & Business and for now squareup is ideal for me.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 02:46 AM

I use paypal on my invoicing. The app I use, invoice2go sends the invoice of the estimate/invoice to their email address. I click a button and it will add my paypal accounts button to the invoice. They click and enter their CC info. Not a fan of paypal as of late however. They send me an email saying due to my type of business, they will be holding all funds for 21 days to avoid chargebacks. I've never had a chargeback and I'm not sure what they mean by my type of business. I've been using paypal since the beginning of ebay. Just another reason to keep my money!

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: WTWC
I use paypal on my invoicing. The app I use, invoice2go sends the invoice of the estimate/invoice to their email address. I click a button and it will add my paypal accounts button to the invoice. They click and enter their CC info. Not a fan of paypal as of late however. They send me an email saying due to my type of business, they will be holding all funds for 21 days to avoid chargebacks. I've never had a chargeback and I'm not sure what they mean by my type of business. I've been using paypal since the beginning of ebay. Just another reason to keep my money!

Strange. I have used pay pal for years for my nuisance wildlife business . I have never had any problem with paypal nor ever had a charge back. I use a mastercard debit card thru paypal and money is instantly available for 3% .

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 10:38 AM

Same here. Never had a problem before. I probably just need to call them to get it corrected.

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 11:22 AM

I got that same notice from paypal a few years ago and I emailed them back ripping them a new one and threatened to take my business elsewhere. They were quick to apologise and state that it must of been a mistake. Never had a problem since. smile

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 04/25/12 12:35 PM

I've used PayPal since 1998 and have the Mastercard debit card as well. Fortunately, I have never had a single problem with any transaction related to PayPal in all these years. However, I have friends and have heard of others getting holdbacks due to claims by deadbeat buyers.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: credit cards- Squareup? - 11/05/12 02:37 PM

Does anyone use the credit card processor through intuit? I was going to give them a try but I read some bad reviews.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums