Home

Where do you order?

Posted By: WTWC

Where do you order? - 04/18/12 12:30 AM

Where does everyone order their supplies? Hardware cloth and such? Used to order locally in NC. I've been mainly doing the Lowes thing down here since I get 10% off. Just wondered if there was somewhere that everyone ordered from.

Thanks!

Jerry
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 12:48 AM

I order some stuff like netting & wire from www.LouisPage.com
Other tools i order from WCS!
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 01:17 AM

I get my hardware cloth off Jefferson rd from a small hardware ,70 bucks for a 100 ' roll , chimney caps I make myself , traps , trappers convention by fare is the best place to get the basic cage trap , my pur black foam I get from Phil Nichols on this site , custom squirrel traps from 330 on here , custom cage traps comstock is sending 6 more right now , I'm guessing my tools are compleatly differnt than ones needed in your state
Posted By: Dave Shumway

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Kasey Glander
I order some stuff like netting & wire from www.LouisPage.com
Other tools i order from WCS!

I drive up the road 20 minutes to www.louispage.com ..... lol

And I also buy most of my supplies from WCS, top notch people and I usually have it the next day if I don't order it too late in the day.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 07:49 PM

I dont use hardware cloth. The smallest grid we use is 1/2" X 1/2". There is a company I get some of my wire from in Florida and one in New Jersey. They both dont carry the same line of wire hence I purchase from two sources. Louis Page never has what I need when I contact them. They are either out of stock or have to special order it.

Here are the sources that our business uses.

academyfence.com New Jersey

wadavidson.com. Jacksonville, Florida

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 08:30 PM

Everyone but Pesky that makes their own chimney caps, raise their hand. ( I used to think that my wife was the reason for that nightly nip of Old Thompson but I really think it's Pesky )
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 09:17 PM

We make many of our caps unless they are customers that burn then we buy / order commercial stainless caps as needed.
Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP

Re: Where do you order? - 04/18/12 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
I dont use hardware cloth. The smallest grid we use is 1/2" X 1/2". There is a company I get some of my wire from in Florida and one in New Jersey. They both dont carry the same line of wire hence I purchase from two sources. Louis Page never has what I need when I contact them. They are either out of stock or have to special order it.

Here are the sources that our business uses.

academyfence.com New Jersey

wadavidson.com. Jacksonville, Florida

I have to second your negative opinion on Louis Page. I'v called them and asked for a catalog and a quote and I've had their rep cold call me a couple times trying to get my business. He never called back with a quote or availability. I hate using what's available locally because of the poor quality but I don't have a quality supplier very close and the freight always kills any job I quote using the good stuff.
Posted By: LM Eviction

Re: Where do you order? - 04/19/12 05:05 AM

I like F&T fur harvesters trading post and WCS both seem to have fast shipping but I believe that F&T shipping is cheaper.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Where do you order? - 04/20/12 04:58 PM

Making your own caps would be about like rebuilding your own transmission; you'd be nuts to try it unless you have lots of experience and thousands of dollars in tools and knowledge of what meets fire codes.
I walked through the HY-C Co. Chimney cap factory in St. Louis (314-241-1214)yesterday - boy, what an operation! Some good quality caps coming outta there!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Where do you order? - 04/20/12 08:14 PM

Very true Dave. I just would like to warn everyone about the cheaper caps; Shelter. They are a lot flimsier than their normal line. They seem okay in the 9x9 and the 13x9, but I wouldn't trust them in any larger sizes. Seems to me a raccoon might be able to pry them off. I guess if it's just squirrels and birds they'd probably be okay. I'm talking about the stainless steel ones. Any one else have experience with them?

I also agree about building your own Dave. I had a friend who used to do it and none them were up to code.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums