Posted By: 24\7 trapper

Adc license - 04/16/12 02:47 AM

What do you have to do to get one
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 03:22 AM

Just paperwork for Ohio.
Posted By: WTWC

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 04:25 PM

NC you take a test. FL there isn't one. Used to be until Fish and Wildlife gave it up to Dept. of Agriculture. I'm sure there will be one again this year sometime soon with a nice license fee attached to it. They do make you have a General Household Pesticide license to snap trap rats. I think it's a joke since there are no pesticides involved.
Posted By: wiggler

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 04:50 PM

you mean i could have been doing ADC in florida all winter???? dang.... wish i would have known that. had a few people ask me to.
Posted By: WTWC

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 05:10 PM

Yup. No trapping inside the attic but outside. Have to be a resident and have a tax license though.
Posted By: MaineNorthWoods

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 07:42 PM

Just paperwork here in Maine as well!
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 08:23 PM

24\7 trapper,
A little info on OHIO Nuisance Wild Animal regulations. Check with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for further information.
Posted By: deadsquirrle

Re: Adc license - 04/16/12 08:43 PM

Me and 24/7 wanted to start a small ADC group. Just removing of pests from people's gardens. Mainly live box traps and some air gunning of the animals so it is quiet and we can eliminate them in town. Some elder people have gardens and complain about rabbits or coons and other animals getting into them.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Adc license - 04/17/12 12:07 AM

Don't forget to charge enough. Us elderly people might be tight but as Ron White would say "We are lo-lo-loaded!"

Re: Adc license - 04/17/12 12:13 AM

We don't plan on charging at first. Just get started and to help some people out
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Adc license - 04/17/12 05:55 AM

Oh no the free word , why would you think you need a lic to play Rambo , take a picture of your buddy's face after he shoots a ground hog with that air gun and post it

Re: Adc license - 04/17/12 11:23 PM

? Not sure what that means, 24/7 does more trapping, and I myself do more airgun hunting.

I caught a groundhog in a leg hold and dispatched him with one hollow point from 15 feet away?

I have the smallest caliber air rifle available also (.177)

I plan on getting a .22 or .25 PCP.

I have seen pictures of hogs, deer, coyote, and bison taken with airguns.

Please don't under estimate the power of them -.-
Posted By: Chris.B

Re: Adc license - 04/17/12 11:32 PM

does anybody know if i would need one in michigan if i was just setting traps for a few pesky coon?
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 12:21 AM

for all of you beginners; Check with your DNR. Every state is different. What is legal in one state is not in another. Keep your self out of trouble. Do not make the rest of us look bad by doing something illegal.

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris.B
does anybody know if i would need one in michigan if i was just setting traps for a few pesky coon?
If your just helping out a friend and not charging any thing or trade then you just need your small game and trapping lic , even if you do charge and get your control permit you still need your small game lic and trappers lic if your trapping that is . Some people would say I'm wrong on this but if you watched bob garner on meet the DNR last week they went over this . Don't be catching non target animals when your coon trapping we came very close to loosing are conibears last year because of non target catch . Be carful and enjoy yourself you don't need drama mom on you because her cat she just let's run free gets hung up in your sets , don't use fish or meat only use sweet stuff it works better anyway .

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: deadsquirrle
? Not sure what that means, 24/7 does more trapping, and I myself do more airgun hunting.

I caught a groundhog in a leg hold and dispatched him with one hollow point from 15 feet away?

I have the smallest caliber air rifle available also (.177)

I plan on getting a .22 or .25 PCP.

I have seen pictures of hogs, deer, coyote, and bison taken with airguns.

Please don't under estimate the power of them -.-
Problem is your not hunting , when you pop him with the air gun or shot gun hes going to run down the hole and then there's a dead animal problem . Trust me been there ,You can't just start shooting animals on site people are going to start crying there eyes out then tell all there friends how bad it was . You got to think when your doing damage control . If your trapping ground hogs make sure he's in the shade they can't take the sun for more than two hours, people will be upset if there something dead in there yard drawing flys . It's also not right for the animal ,treat the animal with respect give him what he needs it's only right, if you wish to hunt ground hog talk to the farmers there all for that stuff . Might even make a friend out of him , good to have farmer friends , I just say coon trapper there like come on
Posted By: Chris.B

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 02:40 AM

Thanks for the info pesky
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 02:48 AM

Jerry Welcome to the ADC forum

Location noted!

FLWCA The Florida Wildlife Control Association is always looking for new blood and members.

http://flwca.org/aboutus.htm
Posted By: Robb Russell

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: WTWC
NC you take a test. FL there isn't one.

Law does go into effect Jul 1st 2012. There is no book on the market to study and I am told the test has not been written. We have been exempt from current law to date because no system is no place to test and certify us.

http://pescopestcontrol.com/limited-licensing-is-a-go-for-florida-wildlife-removal-operators/
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Adc license - 04/18/12 06:35 PM

Michigan reg's summarized:
http://www.crittercatchersinc.com/license/index.html
Posted By: new_2_trappen

Re: Adc license - 04/19/12 04:39 AM

what about georgia???

thanks guys...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums