Home

Bat removal priced by the hole???

Posted By: conejo

Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 03:57 PM

Did a bat inspection over the weekend and the home owner told me he got a quote from another co. (assuming over the phone). He was quoted $60 per hole. Doesn't make sense to me! What do you consider a hole? Is a rotten fascia board a hole? What about a 20' gap on the brick is that one hole or 20? I thoght it was kind of strange when he asked me over the phone what my price per hole is!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 04:03 PM

Right...who ever quoted that is a rookie...and a joke !
And there are a lot of jokers out there...
Posted By: Peskycritter

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 05:51 PM

That's how I do a est , 40 bucks a hole , then if there's a warped ridge vent i add 100 each or gap along the fascia board add for that , but I'm mostly bidding new custom home that have holes were the roof lines come together , I guess im a rookie at bat work compared to some but I have built hundreds of these homes with my bare hands so I do know exactly how there built and exactly were the holes are, I also offer a 5 year warranty witch has not been a problem , the most problems I run into is pulty built homes they seem to have some strange spots for holes I would have never expected , also ran into a sub that dint attach the back side of the soffit it just floats big problem seeing there's no way to get to it unless I take it down , So this guy could be a rough framer turned bat guy like me and look at it different I guess I'm getting at
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 06:02 PM

So if I only have one hole that bats are getting in, you will do the whole job for $40. What about gas money? Where can I hire a rough framer?
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
So if I only have one hole that bats are getting in, you will do the whole job for $40. What about gas money? Where can I hire a rough framer?

PRICELESS!!!

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 06:12 PM

Know there's never one , I would start with a min of 250 , these things have at least 12 entery points at a min , ridge vent is always warped because its made for 6 pitch roof not 10s and 12s , I average around 200 a hour on these houses
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 06:13 PM

You can't afford me, Paul. But then again, I ain't no rough framer. I'm a former framing CARPENTER.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/26/12 06:21 PM

David, what if I hire a smooth framer? Are they cheaper?

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/27/12 01:54 AM

No, but they'll feel softer... laugh

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/27/12 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
That's how I do a est , 40 bucks a hole , then if there's a warped ridge vent i add 100 each or gap along the fascia board add for that , but I'm mostly bidding new custom home that have holes were the roof lines come together , I guess im a rookie at bat work compared to some but I have built hundreds of these homes with my bare hands so I do know exactly how there built and exactly were the holes are, I also offer a 5 year warranty witch has not been a problem , the most problems I run into is pulty built homes they seem to have some strange spots for holes I would have never expected , also ran into a sub that dint attach the back side of the soffit it just floats big problem seeing there's no way to get to it unless I take it down , So this guy could be a rough framer turned bat guy like me and look at it different I guess I'm getting at

Well witches usually do come with bats.... laugh
Posted By: Ron Daranger

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/27/12 02:08 AM

I got a call today to remove bat houses from the side of a house, and take the bats with me!

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/27/12 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Ron Daranger
I got a call today to remove bat houses from the side of a house, and take the bats with me!
I did one of them last year and I got covered in bat bugs or bat ticks ,there were thousands of them things in the bat house , next time I'm going with plastic not hardware cloth

Re: Bat removal priced by the hole??? - 03/27/12 03:14 AM

Common house built here in south east mi and this is were the bats are we sent all the scrap down to ohio to build there houses
© 2024 Trapperman Forums