Home

this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control

Posted By: Peskycritter

this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 03:55 AM

How do I get this 100 foot roll under control .
Posted By: Budfish

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 04:44 AM

Try standing it on end to get it straight, then roll it across the yard or living room carpet for a while to tighten it up. Might get grass stuck in it frim the yard.

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 05:11 AM

That's what I do over and over year after year , there's got to be some kinda holder or something , like a box with a slit that I could just pull out what I need , it could have like a cutter on the box to . Soon I'll be stacking ground hog like cord wood and the roll will be covered and flattend with hog poo . I can't be the only guy that has this problem .
Posted By: Budfish

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 05:45 AM

I would guess you could build a box out of plywood or lumber with an opening at the top on one side to put the roll in.
Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
, there's got to be some kinda holder or something , like a box with a slit that I could just pull out what I need , it could have like a cutter on the box to .

Well I think you might be on to something. When I was 18 I worked for the cable company and we would put our rolls of cable into a "cable caddie" someone handy should make a hardware cloth caddie.

Pesky what we did in the one truck was put a piece of plywood as a shelf in the back and all hardware cloth rolls sits on that while the bottom is still used to store traps and other equipment. The utility box on that truck is raised 6 inches so it has more clearance than a standard utility box.
Posted By: pick65

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 01:40 PM

A) Stand it on end to even it up.
B) Roll it out on macadam driveway and re-roll it.
C) Use zip-ties to attach the loose end to the body
of the roll of wire.
Posted By: Charles Holt

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 01:45 PM

Can order them from WCS. Not something they carry all the time but the same person he gets the trap docks from also makes a hardware cloth holder/feeder that you can special order.

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 01:57 PM

For those who have not seen the trap docks.

Posted By: Nathan Krause

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 02:00 PM

I really like how those trap docks have the holes to hang it on the side of the house. Nice touch.
Posted By: wiggler

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Trapping By Nate
I really like how those trap docks have the holes to hang it on the side of the house. Nice touch.

X's 2 those look really nice!
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 03:57 PM

Looks like your traps are out of control too...LOL ...Who am I to talk..

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 04:18 PM

I like the flags I never would of thought of that , one of the better company's runs out of vans . He places them over his trapped animals then straps to a cargo hauler off the back bumper , his wife runs things and I tell ya she is good at it, she sends me all there coyote calls . I wish I could find a lady like that , must be a great advantage to have such a lady on the phone

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/14/12 04:23 PM

Im workin on the trap org thing . Just order some new traps that should help with that problem . I like my truck organized down to the last screw , the roll holder could mount right under the ladders . Free up more space . I know I can re roll it I'm not that helpless in the brain .

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 12:43 PM

Here is photo of hardware cloth box.

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 12:45 PM

Sizes to fit 24, 36, and 48 inch by 100 foot rolls.

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 03:03 PM

Now that's what I need who makes those

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 03:22 PM

I called wcs yesterday she said they didn't have any but would ask around and get back to me , is there a way to go straight to the sorce
Posted By: BigBob

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 03:24 PM

You don't have to unroll it to tighten it up. Just lay it down and roll it like you HAD unrolled it, will tighten up nicely. Short bungee cord to keep it. PITA, but it takes up less room than the box will.

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 03:25 PM

I need it for the two foot , I rarely use the larger , when I do I just buy a short roll ,
Posted By: Nic Pallo

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 04:42 PM

I want 1 of those cloth holders too!!! smile

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 05:00 PM

Anyone try looking for a steel tool box that the roll will fit in and just cut a slit along the bottom or even the top?

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 05:08 PM

I talked to 330 and he said that's what he does with his roll , converd a tool box from tractor supply , some people are just smarter than others, must be nice

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/15/12 05:10 PM

LOL got to think outside the "box"
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 03/18/12 03:47 AM

Charles - does the roll ever bind inside the box?
Posted By: trapper4hire

Re: this Roll of hardware cloth is out of control - 04/12/12 12:08 AM

I called WCS about the roll holder. 24 inch $148 plus shipping, 36 incher $180ish, 48 incher $220 or so plus shipping, and 2-3 week wait time.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums