Home

Montgomery longsprings

Posted By: victor#0

Montgomery longsprings - 12/10/23 02:46 AM

I inherited some of these Montgomery Long springs. I know they made coilsprings but can't seem to find any info on these. [Linked Image]
Posted By: TheYouthTrapper

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/10/23 05:11 AM

Could it be that someone just swapped out the pan? I know I have a few old longsprings that I changed the pan out to a newer duke pan to have more surface area.
Posted By: lots of mink

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/10/23 05:04 PM

I think they did make some montomery long springs in size one only. It happened at the end of their production before they closed.
Posted By: victor#0

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/11/23 02:42 AM

I think this pan is a replacement. I have a few other ones that have a #1 size pan and they say Montgomery but they don't have the "step in " on the pan. The pan on this one is big and says 1 1/2 but it's a number 1 size trap. They must not of made very many as I can't seem to find any info on them.
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/11/23 05:17 PM

I believe that the pan has been replaced and is not original. The Montgomery Step In is a dogless coil spring. Montgomery did make a few long spring digger traps.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Waz

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/19/23 02:14 PM

Before the big switch to the DP craze, my favorite coon traps were #11 DLS, of which I believe I have several Montgonery #11's, along with some northwoods #11's. They've been dyed and waxed before storing them in buckets. I might need to dig them out just to make sure.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 12/21/23 05:58 PM

Waz you are correct...they made a #1 ls and a terrific #11 dbls
Posted By: Bruce1

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 03/31/24 12:26 PM

Montgomery made a long spring in 1965, Digger Fox Trap , Rare. Later on they made # 1 and 11 long spring trap.
Posted By: KKS

Re: Montgomery longsprings - 04/18/24 08:40 PM

A montgomery #2 round pan fits perfect on a montgomery #11. Wicked mink setup.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums