Home

Dead Easy Rat Trap

Posted By: rendezvous

Dead Easy Rat Trap - 01/08/21 07:24 PM

I bought this trap on Ebay, $23.95, after shipping $34.83. In the description it stated...

"An Old 1929, Dead Easy Rat Trap from the Lovell Manufacturing Co., made in Erie, PA, U.S.A.

I found this trap and two others just like it in an old hardware store that was going out of business and liquidating all their old unsold stock. This old rat trap has never been used but it has collected some dust and the metal parts do have a coating of tarnish. The trap still has it's original price sticker from the Sibley, Lindsay & Curr Co. The price is listed as 10 cents.
This trap measures 7" x 3 1/2".
This trap still has the original string tied around it to keep the metal parts in place."

I liked the graphics, that it had a safety device and the condition. I haven't seen one before, but I am new to rat trap collecting. Paid too much? Common? Condition?

Any input or information would be greatly appreciated.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: traphound

Re: Dead Easy Rat Trap - 01/08/21 08:22 PM

Its in great condition, hard to find them like that, nice trap

Re: Dead Easy Rat Trap - 01/08/21 09:04 PM

It wasn't posted in the usual Vintage trap area, just came upon it. I liked it so I jumped on it. I was wondering if it was from actually 1929 or was the patent date quoted? Is the price in the right range or is it a good price if that's what you want?
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Dead Easy Rat Trap - 01/09/21 04:34 PM

I would second traphound's comment about condition. To find a wooden trap that is perhaps 85 years old in that condition is very fortunate. Values are always difficult to determine but the condition of that trap could make it a centerpiece of your collection for some time. I suspect that there are snap trap collectors who would pay double the price you paid for that example.

Re: Dead Easy Rat Trap - 01/09/21 08:06 PM

cohunt, thanks, I wasn't sure value wise? I tend to buy what i like or something I feel is unusual or interesting.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums