Home

Future of trap collecting?

Posted By: IWM

Future of trap collecting? - 12/30/20 07:25 PM

I was viewing the translated description of a European gear trap for sale from a noted French collector and he included the following:

"The trap is renovated and neutralized in accordance with the regulations for sale, exhibition, or detention. A welding point at the arc under the jaws neutralizes the trap without harming its presentation and allows the sale, exhibition, and the detention at home. Let us recall that the law is currently very severe on the subject. All the traps of my collection are completely renovated and neutralized. ”

This trap had a big glob welded under the jaws to prevent opening which absolutely ruins its value. The detention at home part causes me particular concern as it directly attacks personal possession of collector traps (old & obsolete) within private residence. I have other collector friends in northern Europe who tell me they face similar legislative threats.

Not another doom & gloom post, but fair warning to American collectors of how far radical liberals can reach into individual citizen rights. This would be devastating to the many large/serious trap collections in our country...stay aware.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Future of trap collecting? - 12/30/20 09:34 PM

I was waiting for something like this to come down the pike, I'm not surprised by it at all.
Posted By: traphound

Re: Future of trap collecting? - 12/30/20 11:52 PM

It won't be just traps if you allow it
© 2024 Trapperman Forums