Home

Jiffy setters

Posted By: k snow

Jiffy setters - 09/09/19 11:32 AM

Found these in a box of old traps I picked up over the weekend. The two with oval "rings" are stamped ATC, Lititz PA with a US patent.
The setter with the C-shaped hook has both US and Canada patents.
Not much I could find on the internet as far as dating or value, mainly post 1925 (if I remember correctly).
Any more information than that would be great, thanks.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/09/19 03:04 PM

They were still being made in the 1970s and 1980s. A very common item back then.

I'm thinking not much collector value unless in original packaging.

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/09/19 03:21 PM

Thank you, the traps in the box had some 1970's tags on them, so that makes sense.

I did see a jiffy trap setter at the WI convention over the weekend with a $100 price tag on it. Curious what would be the features to look for.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/10/19 11:56 AM

Nice finds - I always look for setters when I'm out on my searches and can't ever seem to come across any.
Posted By: cohunt

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/10/19 07:00 PM

k snow I waited for someone else to answer but with no answer, I will write what I know. One jiffy trap setter with substantial collector value is marked Oneida Community rather than Animal Trap Co. and has the dancing bear mark immediately behind the Oneida Community. There may be others with collector value also.

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/10/19 07:20 PM

Thanks, everyone. No Oneida stamp on these, just ATC. Guess they'll get hung up with neat to have stuff.
Posted By: Twogunwilly

Re: Jiffy setters - 09/10/19 11:28 PM

Nice score! Always wanted to buy one when I was a kid but I'd buy a trap or two instead.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums