Home

Even A Blind Dog

Posted By: DiggerDale

Even A Blind Dog - 08/04/19 07:37 PM

Finds A Bone Once In A While...
Bought this #2 as a parts trap for the stamped springs....
Thought the chain was a little odd being it looked galvanized. Another collector pointed something out that I probably would never have noticed!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: nyrat

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/04/19 08:07 PM

very cool never seen a stamped chain
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/04/19 08:55 PM

Nice! Is every link stamped? I've seen a picture somewhere of link stampings like that but can't find it now - I looked in my old reprint 1893 Oneida / American Chains catalog but it's not in there. Now I got to go looking at chains...

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/04/19 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Deerhunter51
Nice! Is every link stamped? I've seen a picture somewhere of link stampings like that but can't find it now - I looked in my old reprint 1893 Oneida / American Chains catalog but it's not in there. Now I got to go looking at chains...

Only one link stamped.. I had heard this was sometimes found on Hawley & Norton traps. Will fit right in with the little repair link..
[Linked Image]
Posted By: snakecollector

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/05/19 12:55 AM

Nice find Dale, yes, they are also on Hawley & Norton traps. I have only ever seen it on the #2 size chain.

Love the repair link.
Posted By: 160user

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/05/19 10:14 AM

You are the luckiest.......nice find!

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/07/19 02:48 PM

About time to make an appointment with the eye doctor..... grin
[Linked Image]
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/07/19 05:52 PM

That is cool. One more thing to look for when buying/selling Newhouse traps. smile
Posted By: Montana jake

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/08/19 06:00 AM

I have a #2 Newhouse with stamped chain. The trap is in perfect shape too. I wonder if the stamp brings the value up much

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/08/19 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Montana jake
I have a #2 Newhouse with stamped chain. The trap is in perfect shape too. I wonder if the stamp brings the value up much

Any chance of posting a pic of that chain. The one I have looks to have a galvanized coating. I have only seen that coating on the Victor "Alaskan Specials", which were made much later.
I would think the OC stamped links would add a little value but more of a novelty item in my opinion..
Posted By: Trapper Pete

Re: Even A Blind Dog - 08/11/19 01:22 PM

Have never saw that before...,very nice!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums