Home

H.S.B and Co.

Posted By: 160user

H.S.B and Co. - 07/30/19 01:25 PM

I know I have seen this name associated with a trap. Was it REV-O-NOC? I found a super cute 12mm shotgun over the weekend and that name rings a bell but I can't place it.
Posted By: DiggerDale

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 07/30/19 04:30 PM

Hibbard Spencer Bartllet & Co... An early hardware company that had a lot of items branded with their name. Rev O Noc was one of their trademarks.
I have never seen a shotgun with their brand. Most likely made by one of the leading gun manufacturers at that time.

"Our Very Best" was also their trademark... Didn't you have a trap spring marked with that at one time???

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 07/30/19 05:37 PM

Yes, it is marked 410/12mm and is super cute. I knew I had seen that name before and a mutual friend had it for sale. It followed me home. I don't believe I ever had a spring marked "Our Very Best". I had one marked VICTOR and that may be what you are thinking of.
Posted By: wheelers

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 08/02/19 12:57 AM

Well what did you pay 160?

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 08/05/19 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by wheelers
Well what did you pay 160?

It is a guy I have known for a long time and he treated me very well on it.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 08/05/19 03:36 PM

I picked up a .22 single shot from the same company a while ago. Currently unable to get to it to post specs, pics, etc. It is a really neat little gun in surprisingly good shape.

Moosetrot
Posted By: krumui

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 08/05/19 07:35 PM

I have a 12 ga. Rev-O-Noc Shotgun that was my dads for many many years. Patterned after a Model 97 Winchester Pump
Posted By: Muskrat Love

Re: H.S.B and Co. - 08/06/19 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by krumui
I have a 12 ga. Rev-O-Noc Shotgun that was my dads for many many years. Patterned after a Model 97 Winchester Pump

Krumui,

If you Google up 1898 Marlin pump shotguns you'll see that the Rev-O-Noc looks identical. Marlin produced these for Rev-O-Noc shotguns. I had a #1 SS trap, pan marked Rev-O- Noc and a year later found a pump 12 gauge with Rec-O-Noc marked on it. My brother has all my collector traps and the pump shotgun.

Great gun, with nice checkering on it. You're correct that the Rev-O-Noc (Marlin) is a copy of the Winchester 1897, which was invented and sold to Winchester by John Browning.

Muskrat Love
© 2024 Trapperman Forums