Home

New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention

Posted By: henpecked1

New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 01:40 PM

Meet with Jeff Dunlap, John Houbden, Al (paper), Mike W (SawMill Lures), Bill Blanchard, Tim Mullard (Trapper Services) along with other tailgaters, had a great time and it seems like coyote’s are hot, used traps and other items. Everyone wants to hang a coyote on a fence. Lots of talk about wolves, Montana and Idaho. See you all at Catt County, Jeff is headlining and will be providing his best for all. See you in August Jeff and thanks again for providing this venue. Stock up on in coyote products as you will be rewarded.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mike Cope

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 04:33 PM

Hen pecked, here is another MacGowan paper.

[Linked Image]

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 05:37 PM

Great catch, looks like in new condition.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 06:04 PM

I have several Harry Judkins booklets. They are small size - about 3" x 4". One of the smallest Trapping booklets I've seen.

Are yours the same size?

How rare are the MacGowen booklets?

Thanks.

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 06:23 PM

The size on the Judkins booklet is correct, Harry was from Bradford PA, where I work, he was a local living legend. Harry moved to Stockton NY and had a small fox farm before he passed. His daughter still has some material and the lure formulas. To my understanding no for sale (from a good source). I picked them up as I had met Harry at A NYSTA back in the early 70's, taught me his version of the log set. Harry fox bait was made form horse.

I think the McGowen books were marketed by Cronk's and Hawbakers, I have seen the Freeze Proof method book multiple times but the Fox Book only twice. When I see material that I have not seen to often or not at all I pick it up. I believe some of it is more elusive than people realize.

I will be posting more from the PA convention tomorrow.

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/01/19 06:44 PM

What I could find on Harry Judkins

http://sullivansline.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=26426

Aug 10, 2012 - UNADILLA — Edgar Henry Holtslander Sr., 67, of Unadilla passed away ..... BROCTON — Harry B. Judkins, 93, of Burr Road, Brocton, formerly of Rew, Pa., died ... He had been a welder for Dresser Rand Corp. in Bradford, Pa., ... He was an avid hunter and was a well-known trapper in the trapping world.
Posted By: Cathouse Jim

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/02/19 06:29 PM

henpecked1 - what a fine collection, that right there is equivalent to Trapper Heaven.

The smallest method book I have is "Expert Fox and Coyote Trapping" Sets for land, water and snow by F.Q. Bunch (eighth edition)

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/02/19 08:38 PM

Cathouse Jim: FQ Bunch material is worth collecting and thanks for the kind words on the books. By the way will get ur package out soon been a little busy here. Bunch wrote a water mink book also.
Posted By: PA TRAPPER

Re: New PAPER Scores from the PA Convention - 07/09/19 09:10 PM

Nice group of paper,I didn't get to look around I'm glad to hear Albert is still out and about.I bought a lot of paper off him through the years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums